Patch 5.6: Sprint Five Part One!

As Robert asked to aeon, I am in steamvr beta. Gonna be getting on in about 5 minutes and I’ll run down to the lake and test it out.

Nope, just the regular release I think. I’ll verify when I get back on.

Yeah that would be great, thanks.

Done, sent to your email. Also just confirmed I’m NOT on the beta branch, forgot to mention that in the email.

Dragons are now displaying on the stall front when put in the 1st 4 slots, thanks @AcaviGER :joy:

8 Likes

Those of you who couldn’t get the cape yesterday, try again now and let me know, it should hopefully be fixed.

Also the non-stacking when buying stackable items from the stall bug should be fixed too.

I think the vive problem is related to the reeling speed. It simply slows down to the extrem on ultra on vive.

Reeling speed? I dunno what you’d mean by that. Reeling is done by the controller movement yeah? I have noticed that while reeling it often skips around so it makes it a bit hard to do anything but I can yank and twist and throw my controller across the room and the line would never turn even the slightest red.

The presence of the new fish seems to be localized to each shard, is that intentional?

Part of the rarity depends in some ways on the zone you are in, yes.

For those of you who were having the “line wont’ snap” bug, there is a new build on the Beta branch for Steam and Oculus. Can you try that out and see if that fixes the problem?

Will the beta branch split me from the rest of the community? I won’t be home for a few hours to test it out but will check for ya.

It will not. All the same server. :slight_smile:

@Riley_D
So I used the beta branch, it definitely works now.

Wow, it’s actually kind of insane how quickly the line turns red. By the time I’ve reeled it in enough I have to let loose and the fish gets all the way back out before I can start bringing it in again. For now, I’m definitely going back to the main branch. I personally don’t think the speed at which it breaks is very… fun or realistic? I dunno what you’re goin for but that’s fine, I’m sure it’ll be fine tuned by the time the game updates more.

With the new fishing gear STR increases line strength right? Either way, base line strength is super weak for what it should be to me.

2 Likes

I feel it’s the same as how you are describing it on the main branch too, at least for the rarer fish, not tried sunfish/bass yet.

The way I started doing it is reeling it in until it goes red, then letting go for a split second then reeling it round once then letting go again and repeating until the line is a lighter colour, cause you are still reeling it in, it will stop it from pulling back out too much and then you can reel it in until red again once it’s lighter, its worth trying or experimenting with to find a way that works for you

I agree. What should have been a relaxing profession that shouldn’t be super physical is turning into a very physical wrist killing sport. I think the whole “fish swimming away rapidly” isn’t even realistic in a lot of ways when it comes to fishing, while waiting for your line to cooldown.

I really hope the fishing gear stats actually fixes all of this…

1 Like

Which type of fish were you trying to catch? All of the fish have different strength values. Basically if you have the new fishing gear with the +Strength stat on, it’s actually a lot easier than it was before to catch everything but the rare fish. Rare fish are meant to be extremely difficult to catch without the new gear.

3 Likes

Not true, most fish are way harder to catch now then before we got the gear, even with the gear. :sweat_smile:
I mean I like the challenge, but the relaxed Netflix fishing days seem to be over

1 Like

Yeah I was just looking at that code and I think it’s scaling wrong, I am pushing out a fix this morning.

But in general the “goal” is that the rare fish should be really hard to catch without the gear, and the normal fish should be about the same.

2 Likes

I have snapped lines on sunfish & Bass/catfish/minnows since the update. The line turns red effortlessly now, and speed fishing is out of the question. Fishing is not enjoyable anymore

1 Like