Patch 6.0: Waystation Crypt Raid

The portal does not work after you kill the 3rd boss. It still takes you to beginning.

So the zone-wide variables aren’t getting set right now when you first kill the boss, only when you re-return to the zone. We’ll work on a fix for that. In the meantime if you just all leave the instance and come back it should work. Also it looks like your zone just crashed due to a bug I fixed earlier (but yours hadn’t reset since then). So actually it probably will work now.

portal works now, thanks

I fixed a bug on Boss 3 where if everyone was dead the zone was sometimes crashing instead of ending the fight properly. If you experience that crash again it won’t happen from here on out.

I’m getting constant crashing after this update, like to a literally unplayable state on both connection types the game just closes randomly for seemingly no reason, I’ve been trying for an hour now and probably crashed 20-30 times switching the connection type after every single crash

Can you send me your output log?

Of course, one minute

I’m going to zip a few of them and send them over

We are going to do a server reset in 30 minutes to fix a critical bug on Boss 4. I apologize in advance if that means you end up having to re-clear some trash, but I want to make sure this gets fixed before too many people start attempting that boss. It has not been cleared yet.

sent a pm over with my crash logs, it isnt confined to a certain area, i was by the desert world boss when it started now im in the frontier pools area and its still doing it, if not worse than before

We had an issue where the entire group was unable to resurrect after a wipe, with the message “Party in Combat”, and probably mashed buttons.

1 Like

Same here. Stuck in combat not going away several times and one time literally everyone except one had to log out and in again, to resurrect (at the ice boss).

1 Like

Yeah not totally sure what’s going on with that, sorry about that. But that is definitely not what I was seeing and that’s totally fine to do, so no worries.

1 Like

@Riley_D If 10 people are in a party there is no way to leave party.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll work on a fix for that. In the mean time I guess just cross your fingers and hope your party leader will kick you…

On Boss 4, the intended mechanic is that both bosses have to be engaged during the fight until one or the other dies. Right now there is a bug where one of the two may end up resetting at that point, but then you will get loot. That is fine, feel free to just get your loot and skip the remaining boss, you won’t get any additional loot for killing its twin.

In theory if one dies the other should too but apparently that’s currently bugged, but the fight is not designed on normal mode such that you have to kill both at once or anything like that.

EDIT: In addition to that, note that all party members need to have aggro on the boss that you kill in order to get loot (just like any other boss in the game). So be sure you have everyone attack your “primary” or lowest health target at least once.

some addition to what rejinx said, if there are too many players nearby and you want to trade with someone, but that someone is at the bottom of the list, some of the options are not appearing (for example trade). I think this is related to the same issue

We have been using a friend who is not in the party to pull us out of a party.

I am stepping away for a bit to grab some dinner and take a break from pouring over the logs.

I just put out a small patch that should hopefully help keep the AoE pools from spawning in the portal on Boss 5. If you’re on that boss and want the latest have everyone leave the instance so it resets, and then re-kill the Boss 5 trash and try it again.

Generally speaking I’m pretty pleased with how everything has gone thus far. There’s been a few minor bugs but the fights seem to be challenging but doable, and the new mechanics like the raid lockout and progress saving and the Tagger seem to be working well.

I will likely do some tuning and balancing at the next lockout reset on Tuesday morning…I think Boss 2 might be a little harder than intended right now, and Boss 4 might need a bit of a re-work to make sure the mechanic functions better. But overall I think it’s in a good place. I’m excited to see what sort of progress all the various groups and Fellowships make on the Raid over the next few days. I hope you all are getting as much enjoyment out of playing them as we did in making them for you!

Also although this thread has been mostly focused on the raid boss mechanics today, if anyone has any feedback on whether the stuck in combat and crash when loading and Musketeer/Ranger orbs/arrows disappearing fixes have helped or not, that would be great, as we really want to get those bugs squashed.

2 Likes

Thanks! Food is good lol.

1 Like