Patch 6.0: Waystation Crypt Raid

The first bosses AoE attacks are a bit off. It was in front of me and I was looking at the boundary of the AoE but it hit me. I was close fairly close to it though. Just means that either the Hitbox of the player or the AoE isn’t tight enough. I should have moved back but these are things you guys can work on later I guess.

It just happened again

Loving all the bosses. But boss 5 is crazy overtuned. Fire realm monsters doing more damage than it probably should,puddle damage,etc seem to be shard 10+ level. The fire realm monster almost always aggros you immediately(maybe it’s intentional) and puddles still drop in the realm.

1 Like

I don’t think the damage is overtuned, probably the health though since most of the time someone is not able to dps the boss

1 Like

I love the 5th boss and tuning on the 5th boss. Please don’t change it. It’s definitely doable, we have gotten close a few times, just need to get rid of the poison bug in the dimension realm. That bug is a killer.

1 Like

Considering the dungeon is designed for shard 5 players and we are in shard 10 gear and wiping a lot on this boss, I would say it is pretty much over tuned yeah.

1 Like

I pushed out another patch to hopefully address the AoE in the portals thing. Now right before you get teleported it will remove that debuff on you if you have it. So hopefully that will fix it. Same deal as far as needing to reset the instance to get it to apply – again, if the trash doesn’t come back, you didn’t fully reset it.

As far as the tuning goes, it’s possible that Boss 5 is overtuned. On the other hand, it could simply be a situation where new strategies need to be developed to figure out how to beat it.

At this point as I said I will gather feedback on the Raid and tune it accordingly at the first reset on Tuesday, but until then other than fixing bugs I’m going to leave the tuning as-is. So I guess if you want the extra challenge you can keep attempting it now, or you can wait until I tune it down a bit if that’s what ends up happening (it certainly won’t be made harder).

Unless you are the first boss?

Right now boss 5 has a number of bug issues that are artificially inflating the difficulty. Most of them individually aren’t too bad, but together, along with the high HP, means statistically someone is going to get hit with it.

Current issues:

• Can get sent to hell pocket and not have mob spawn
  • Can get sent to hell pocket and not have mob aggro
  • Acid pool cannot be seen on carpet
  • When exiting hell pocket, you are loaded onto a small invisible step which seems to block heals until player moves
  • When exiting hell pocket, you may load into the corridor AE and not have time to react before being killed

My team is attacking my afk body, running back, will post more.

Did the acid pools stop spawning in the portal?

Yeah, the buff disappeared on me when in the portal

yes, this appears to be fixed

Okay, well I pushed out one last patch tonight that should shift the pools that spawn slightly higher to hopefully help with the carpet, it wasn’t clear if that was a height issue or a color issue or something, though.

I will try and work on some of the rest over the weekend, although some of those are more than just simple fixes.

Another one:

• Sometimes players will think they are sent to hell, but their body will stay in the boss room, where it can take damage

From a member’s point of view “I get teleported to hell, for a second I see the enemy I need to kill, he disappears as if I an teleported to yet a different instance of hell. A few seconds pass (not enough time for the circle kick move) , but I take massive damage making me unbend, everyone says I am still standing still and turning in the actual boss area, then only when the next teleport happens, my body moves to where I can see, and a second person enters and then only after killing that guy I am released”

Also of note, if you end up in a hell pocket and there is no mob (as mentioned in a previous note) then you need to wait there until someone else gets sent to it, so hopefully it will spawn for them and then killing it releases both of you.

I believe I mentioned this one before but:

• Sometimes the hell pocket demon will use it’s final insta-kill attack before the appropriate time has passed, including instantly on occasion. This appears to be tied to it not resetting correctly if there was a previous issue where someone died early in it’s cycle or didn’t spawn when expected

I really love the difficulty of the last boss, it’s literally the only boss we haven’t been able to defeat at launch.
I think the hardest part of the fight is the very long time needed to defeat it, which is due to a combination of HP, reduced damage, and mechanics that very often prevent some players to damage the boss.
The damage dealt by the boss/mechanics is good where it is imo, once you learn the mechanics you can avoid most of it, and the guaranteed damage you have to take is not really high.

Gotta love blood-thirsty monster-killing people haha

Minor nuisance bug with raid parties, when the party has more than 8 players, no one can leave the party without the raid leader kicking them. At 9 people, the leave party button is visible, but the button you need to press to confirm that you want to leave the party in the next menu is not there, only the cancel button is visible, at 10 people, the leave party button is missing entirely, pushed off of the bottom of the menu area.

Basically the menu zone needs to be made ~2 boxes larger to hold the entire raid party list + ability to leave the party.

Also there’s another party list bug I’m fairly sure has been reported due to how long it’s been around, if a party member logs out, or otherwise leaves the game without leaving the party, they will still be in the party list with the name ‘Unknown’. The only way to remove an unknown player is to reform the party from scratch, or have them log back in to drop party, or be kicked by the party leader after they log back in. If it could be made possible for party leaders to kick ‘Unknown’ players, that would be nice.

3 Likes

Still encountering stuck in combat as ghosts on latest FYI. In the last couple patches sometimes ghosts even have health and take aggro. The new 30 second timer to logout also shouldn’t apply if you are a ghost, that had been a last step in the past, but now folks are having to kill the client itself to fix it sometimes.

I know the 30 second timer was added to sort some in combat exploits, but I don’t think a ghost has the ability to do any of the things that were of concern. Just a thought.

I will let you know if I hear of the lost Orb situation again, but no word of it in the last couple days.

If it is of interest, were solo’ing cactus ppl just by edge of lakewood zone when stuck in combat occurd, could not ”unstuck”.

You have to remember this was supposed to be scaled to level 5 shard difficulty and give level 5 shard equivalent gear as a fun alternative to shards for fresh level 20s, so far those groups are struggling to get more than 1 boss down and only 2 of the guilds in level 10 shard gear have managed to get to boss 5 (even though the other bosses do feel overscaled for level 5 shard boss difficulties) and now can’t get the last boss due to it being overscaled (we will be trying again anyway but 5am is a good time to get some rest)

2 Likes