Patch 6.0: Waystation Crypt Raid

Yeah the raid is way overtuned. Don’t get me wrong, as a person that is in shard 8,9, and 10 gear, it’s super challenging and fun. But you keep saying it’s supposed to be shard 5 difficulty, and it just isn’t. I would be super impressed ( and confused) if a fellowship in <shard 5 gear (so the loot would actually make sense) could do anything past the first (left) boss. And the gear ( which looks great) seems to have way too low of a drop rate/time requirement, even with the token system. Again highly doubtful that any fellowship who cannot clear shard 5s would be able to down more than one, maybe two bosses in here. It could take months to get enough tokens to buy the gear, for those people. We cleared 4 bosses with 10 people and I think a total of 1 piece of the new gear dropped (and it’s a serious down grade for that person) this dungeon seems more like the middle tier (hard mode) I would still like to see a shard 5 equivalent easy mode, and a more challenging mythic mode.

1 Like

The number of tokens required to get a single piece of gear is a little bit unrewarding. I mean I can go and run a shard 5 in 30-60 mins with shard 3-4 gear but I am in shard 10 gear and we spent 3-4 hours yesterday for the reward of 4 tokens which is not even enough for 1 piece of gear (note that there was no gear drops for 90% of us throughout that raid, just dandellion accents). I saw some groups pushing super hard against boss 2/3 for hours with no token reward. I get that the gear would look badass to tmog though so making it harder to get is fair enough… But as an example this first week 90% of us will not have cool looking gear because we just did not get lucky with groups (props to your 3 modelling artist. New armor pieces look pretty cool)

2 Likes

Again, as I have already said, some of the bosses are definitely tuned harder than they should be for the Normal mode raid. We will be making changes on Tuesday.

1 Like

I pushed out a patch that should make it so you no longer get stuck in combat as a ghost. Will take effect for future dungeon runs you start from here on out.

1 Like

yup I just wanted to give feedback :slight_smile:

Sure, just want folks to know we have heard the feedback and will be doing something, but just not til then so expectations are set properly haha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thrilled to have gotten a Dandelion Accent Dye - plus two more from wonderful guildies! Had an excellent day of raiding with the guild and our friends.

There is a bee accent dye as well. It looks exactly the same as dandelion accent dye.

1 Like

Elite mobs in the raid dungeons aren’t counting towards my quests. Is this intended?

One thing i forgot to report yesterday: i think a needed fix is the last boss should never target with an aoe someone who already has a debuff, quite a few times i dodged one and died to the other right after because my stamina was low and couldn’t dodge a second time, there’s really not much i can do if i’m targeted from both attacks at the worst time.

Our group has been able to deal with that fine, Just need to manage your stamina better only real issue was getting targeted by AoE once you come out of portals.

Unbending works wonders:)

I agree, the person coming out of the portal should have a 1 second immunity to the aoe or shouldn’t be able to be targeted.

I’m having a hard time believing new level 20 players can complete the dungeons, feels like challenge rating shard 8-10 in general.

1 Like

They could do the first boss but thats prob it. Which sucks because the mechanics are what makes the bosses so fun and the first one has the most basic ones.
The other bosses are seriously amazing. Mind blowing mechanics. So fun!! The second boss and the frickin minion conga line LOLLLLL!! THE BEST EVER.
I am sure it will be tuned. Enjoying the challenge for now though.

A few notes -

On length taken for acquiring all the gear pieces:

With the total cost of tokens right now, it would take 7 weeks to acquire the full set which is pretty standard for the MMOs I’ve played, but over the course of those weeks statistically speaking you will likely get 1 or 2 pieces at least through random chance as well, potentially drastically reducing the time needed. We envision this as our progression content for the near future so it has to last a while. The good thing is you can gear your alt classes with that too which you weren’t able to do with previous systems.

And like J said even if you have gear equivalent to it, we’re working on a transmog system so it’ll still be cool to acquire them and show it off. :slight_smile:

On difficulty:

We definitely agree it is overtuned, but we’re taking the approach on difficulty tuning to be changing it (unless major bugs are affecting it, like a few we’ve fixed) on lockouts so that everyone has the same shot at it and isn’t rewarded (or penalized) for when they play and hitting the RNG dev-patch-hammer at the right time. :wink:

We also would love some general feedback about the earlier bosses from the point of view either of people who breezed through it (but can imagine a group with lower gear/less communication) or from a group of more fresh level 20s, so if anyone has any comments from those points of view be sure to let us know!

2 Likes

Another thing i forgot, could you add a portal for the last boss? It’s a pretty long way from the current portal.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was meaning to ask for this too

1 Like

ok so first off, OMG these bosses are soooo amazing they have really great running animation, sounds, and overall mechanics, im so happy with everything in the raid besides some over tuning. overall love you some more dev team and fantastic job on the update. <3

oh and love the raid battle music and boss designs so amazing

6 Likes

There is battle music? I have to turn on my in game music again.

Ehh, A+! Thank you very much for the kind words Sockboy! It means a lot to me and I’m sure the rest of the dev team too, we’re all quite happy with how the raid content turned out, enjoy! :smile:

4 Likes