Patch 6.0: Waystation Crypt Raid

What Bart said, in my words: If a fight with your imba T10 group takes 10minutes then it is 30mins for us. A group with (at least some) players who barely did shards yet, most dressed in lvl 1-3 gear or lower. Watching videos I see the insane difference it makes to have only one hardcore-mage in, daily player, chaincasting with an epic or even legendary wand, there’s seemingly more dmg than, sometimes, all our dds do at once.
Or a tank who does not screw up one single provoke or block. Or healers who don’t miss, even from a great distance (which is vital with those huge raid areas). I could go on there, endlessly.

Sometimes I feel the whole game does revolve around the 3 or 4 elite guilds who dig thru content and I get tired of even posting on the forums, sorry. It feels like every little suggestion like making the cds separate for battle rez or lack of space or whatever has to be fought for and is instantly questioned because of course that’s another challenge - for the hardcore players - which has to stay.

I dunno it is also a matter of timezone likely, which makes it constantly hard to progress. Most players seem be american. In my prime time of playing there is 30 to 40 people on, in the entire game. When I searched for randoms via group tool and discord it can take an hour to get a 5th. Now with guild we frequently run shards with 4 people, lower levels or brandnew 20s. I saw many of these quitting the game right after they finally started to be a real help, which means, starting over and over again. The game needs alot of patience, with limited player resources.

Now raids are a fun thing, for now we even manage to get a full group, but they only stay fun if they are doable with reasonable time and effort, and some rewards in the end, even for lower groups, currently this is - likely - not the case yet.

4 Likes

I disagree with you on this statement. Having a T0 weapon is 1000 attack power, having a t10 weapon is 1258 attack power. It’s an extra 25% dmg. So a 10 minute fight would turn into 12 minutes and 30 seconds. Those times we posted, we had multiple people with t0-t4 weapons. The final boss that we killed, we had a dps with a t2 weapon. Knowing and understanding the fight mechanics is what gets you faster times.

I think you missed my point. We do know tactics, for each and every boss in TM, I did Sentry around 150 times… Now watching vids or running with different players does show the difference, not only in gear, but mainly in skill/practice. There come the other percent and that, experience and playing hours, specially for mages, is what makes the fights very, very different, specially in length.

4 Likes

As a side note, a mage spamming fireball 2 is only about 10-20% worse than the best mage rotation depending on the distance and cast time. I doubt there are few mages that leveled to 20 that can’t spam fireball 2.

I can’t figure out what your point is for the life of me. Can you please help me out? Are you asking for easier dungeons? b/c the dungeons are getting nerfed. Are you asking for better gear? Are you asking for a better LFG system.

We really appreciate the feedback, and our goal is definitely to have some content available for everyone to enjoy.

The normal mode of the raid is an attempt at making end game content a little more accessible than just the top guilds - of course, the first week’s balance was too difficult for achieving that goal but we’ll be making changes, both because it’s too hard numbers wise but also since it does take effort to assemble 10 people and that’s already an obstacle if you’re not in the hardcore groups.

Ideally we would even love it if it was to a point where public groups were able to be formed for it that aren’t just fellowship exclusive. I’m confident over time and with changes we can achieve an end game that’s accessible and fun while still providing really tough challenges for those who want them.

As a side note, we understand also that recruiting/looking for groups is not the most practical at the moment and we’re thinking of ways to improve that.

2 Likes

I know WoW has a “flexible/flex” raid option. For the normal/easy modes of the raid, it ramps up in difficulty(just in boss damage and health) based on the amount of players in the raid. So there’s room for people who can’t quite get 10 players. While hard/mythic requires a standard formed party that requires a full group.

The rebalance patch will be out later today, sorry for the confusion.

thats a little unfair for eu players to be honest…

1 Like

That is a bit unfair to the developers :wink:

If they are going to make patches, I think they want to be on deck to make changes if bugs occur.

okay guess later meant within the hour :stuck_out_tongue:thanks riley & team!

Just looked at Europes time =3

Europe is in prime time, thought it was late night time…

Yeah, and EU gets the best time for patch releases. In the US we have to take off work if we want to experience the patches right away, so there is really no good time to release patches for all parties.

1 Like

For a patch nerfing bosses that have already all been beat I don’t really think making sure it’s a fair time for everyone is a priority, and I would rather just have it whenever it’s ready instead of waiting for a optimal time

2 Likes

And again I’m amazed over the different points of view. Most (or all) patches hit us right in between a dungeon evening, often we idle because they are delayed, can’t really start anything much, at other times there are bugs which make another necessary shortly after etc.
Most bigger patches, so far, meant a no- or barely-play-evening; when all is up and running it’s 22pm, that’s when we call it mostly. Which is of course nothing I even bother about, js, certainly they are released at a time when devs are around to monitor, in every game. The exact patch-release-time - which, again, in every MMO i played, never always comes on spot anyways - isn’t an “experience” I would take off work for, ever :wink:

Flex raids are ewww :wink: Part of the challenge is to have 10 players coordinate!

Having just completed the re-tuned raid, i still think new lvl 20s with 1-3 shard level gear will not be able to complete this dungeon in any reasonable amount of time to make it worthwhile as a source for gear upgrades. The level of coordination required for mechanics, as well as the time to get an organized 10 man group, far exceeds what is required to complete higher level shards (with guaranteed loot once per day). I look forward to seeing all the lower (shard) level guilds, and PUGs prove me wrong.

2 Likes

And yet here I am with 3 days of “sickness” already this year :stuck_out_tongue: I love this game :smiley:

1 Like

Agreed, but this feature isn’t for us. It’s a great addition to have for newer players trying to see the content on some level.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.