Patch 7/27/21 - Blocking Improvements, Do Not Disturb Mode

Hi everyone, with Tuesday’s patch we are implementing the following quality of life improvements and bugfixes:

• Blocking improvement - Blocking a player will now prevent all invitations and messages from that player.

• Do Not Disturb mode - Found in the settings menu, turning this on will prevent all invitations from other players. Messages will still be received, however the notification will be prevented so they will be found in the messages list only.

• Muting a player will no longer hide their hands, as it is redundant and blocking has the same capability and more against harassment.

• Fix for an issue which caused a player who had received a party invite before dying to become stuck and having to restart the game client.

• Fix for an Oculus Store API error that was sometimes occurring for certain Quest players.

Thank you!

9 Likes

If this was for the store error message popping up, i received that too on Rift (CV1), so it isn’t/wasn’t Quest specific :wink:

1 Like

THANK YOU! Oh my goodness thank you. Just… thank you.

5 Likes

Mute, blocking and DND features are excellent. Thanks for adding.

4 Likes

Countdown is starting for the server restart, the patch will be available in about 45 minutes!

1 Like

Update should be live now, enjoy!

3 Likes

Quick head’s up, we’re aware that Do Not Disturb is not preventing all invites from the friends/fellowship list, we’re working on a fix now, should not require a restart.

1 Like

This should now be fixed, however we’re doing a soft hotfix which means that it will get applied as the zones expire, so you may still be able to get invited until later today when they’ve all reset over.

1 Like

I am not sure about the difference between Mute and Block now…

Does muting someone now prevent only their voice being heard by the muter?
Is mute persistent or does it wear off?
Am I still able to receive text messages and invites from a muted player?
Will mute and/or block work in Dungeons or Fellowship chat or will I still hear muted/blocked players in those venues?

Is there a way to remove mutes or blocks without proximity to the blocked or muted players?

Most of the times I have used mute on a player it is for something annoying but not personal…
Loud music, screeching girlfriends, angry moms, crying babies, persistent background noises, phone conversations and stuff like that broadcast over chat…

I don’t want to hear all that nonsense, but I don’t want to permanently remove that player from my perception over it either… It would be awesome to be able to mute players that fit that criteria but have the mute removed when proximity is lost or upon my next log-in…

On rare occasions I have come across players who do things that do make me want to permanently remove that player from my perception… constant swearing, N-words, toxic politics… that sorta thing… It’d be awesome if I could use a non-expiring block requiring a manual unblocking on those types of players… while using a simple mute that expired on proximity loss or my next log-in for players who are simply broadcasting noise at a given time.

Thanks for the update!

3 Likes

Muting just prevents their voice from being heard. This is the same as before, the only change being that muting no longer hides a person’s hands as well.

Blocking hides their entire body and nametag, prevents all communications from that player (such as trade or party invites, and messages) and also mutes them on top of that.

Hope that clarifies things!

1 Like

Is there a symbol or something on friend/fellowship lists to denote who has do not disturb enabled? Just so people don’t think they’re being ignored…

1 Like

There isn’t, but if you try to send them an invite, it will tell you that they are in DnD mode.

This also wasn’t fully functional but is rolled out in a soft hotfix like the previous issue, so should fully apply by the end of the day.

1 Like

OK, that’s awesome thanks!

Most mmorpg’s solve this simply by:

DnD < name >

(similarly, Afk < name >)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.