Pc players having random lag spikes

I use valve index only

If it’s just your frame times that are now higher and not the GPU load then it might just be that WaitForVsync(just a call that delays the frame once the rendering is done to keep a constant framerate) is included in the frametime now and wasn’t previously(just a guess). 120 FPS would be an average frame time of 8.33ms so 5-10 would be about that.
This is just a guess tho, but if you’re still running the game fine I think it’s a likely reason, but I haven’t looked into what changes were actually made so take it with a grain of salt.

I am not dipping below 144 fps but I have noticed a strange “blink” that lasts nearly 2 seconds at the login screen. As soon as I select my character the screen blinks black for a little more than a second and when it ends my character is not dressed or dyed for another portion of a second. After that no issue…
I am not sure if it is related… but it definitely started immediately after I updated…

I noticed this and it seemed new. I can be standing still in highsteppe, all effects turned off, and every <10 seconds I’ll just drop to like 80, 50, 30 frames from 120. Constantly. This usually only happened before when I had a ton of programs opened or have effects turned on etc, not just from only players running around. FPS is fine in isolated areas. Using index. Makes it really hard to cast.

Edit: Idk just dropped to 66 frames in my house, but was running recording software.

Is everyone in this thread using Steam store, or are some using oculus store?

Steam for me. Since coming back, steam asked me if I’d like to enable 120fps at the cost of resolution, which naturally I accepted lol. Other than that, no changes to my PC.

This just started happening to me as well. Several hours of no issue BAM! Visual stuttering. Steam + Index

Oculus. The stuttering hasn’t been happening as much recently.

Steam here.

I was dropping down to 12 frames but its good now im at a stable 41 frames again uwu

2 Likes

But I am running 90 hz and getting those numbers not 120. I can quickly see frametimes for me at 120

120 is running the same frametime from what I can tell, one thing to note though is in fellowship hall training area I got a spike for maybe 0.25-0.5 seconds of 10+.

I noticed this with myself and my party last night. It was making it really hard to do anything.

1 Like

Yea it had been fine for me for a bit but started acting up again last night for me to.

I’m running a Quest 2 via Oculus link and I’m having the same issues.

I have a
RTX2080
i7 9750H
16GB RAM

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.