Petition to Reinstate Face Pull XP for Fisherman

its better make Daily quests but not only for fisherman xD maybe hard group dayli for raid
tokens and so one or random items

Would love to see daily quests

No, fishing is not a combat class. It has no contribution to combat whatsoever.

Fishermen can be killed in PvP because that’s how the devs designed it. Allowing fishermen to die in the wilds creates a sense of danger more-so than that of a combat class because they are helpless. If fishermen couldn’t die in the wilds (addressing the HP thing as well here), I’m sure that everyone would use that in order to harvest and avoid dropping items in the wilds, so it makes sense that despite what profession you chose, as a human, you can still die no matter what :slight_smile:

Lastly, everyone gets stuck in combat because it is a glitch in the matrix. I don’t see how a bug can validate the fishing class to be a combat class, especially when the class isn’t supposed to be in combat in the first place.

1 Like

Yeah, and what we’re doing here is commenting on the devs’ design to improve it.

Yeah and in real life even the weakest creature will attempt to defend themselves from death with no other choice. And yet the fisherman has no capability to do that.

But yes, at least you agree that the fisherman should never be locked in combat.

As you can see, the overall problem is that either the fisherman is a combat class or it isn’t. Only when the devs make a decision on which it is can they finally fix the problems of the class.

In my mind, there really is no problem with the fisherman class being defined as a combat class or not. Since it cannot contribute to combat in any form, it is not a combat class. If it were a combat class, why don’t we see fishermen in dungeons or out killing redtails on their own?

I personally don’t think that facepulling to level up a fishing class is an improvement to the class either, and don’t wish to see this be implemented again.

Not all the weakest creatures attempt to defend themselves, however. Some of them just run to get out of danger, which is the fisherman’s nature if not killed in one hit. If this is what you consider a form of defense, then sure, every creature attempts to defend itself in every situation, including fishermen. I don’t think that anyone should be locked in combat despite what class they are.

I don’t see not gaining experience off of combat situations where you don’t contribute a problem. If this was a problem that needed to be fixed, why aren’t I getting experience off of not hitting a mob when getting powerleveled as a combat class?

@Aelar and @Hexno I’m curious here. Do you know if a player, any other class, when gotten aggro’d by a mob but gets killed by members of the party without having hit said mob, gets exp too from a similar technique?

If you have a class under level 20 that isn’t fishing I am willing to test this with you

It depends on the circumstance and order of engagement. I think that as long as the lower level player is on the aggro table (via dealing damage or facepulling the whole group), they gain experience. If they facepull one mob, allies hit it and pull the rest of the group, the lower level will only get experience from the mob they facepulled.

This is just from memory, so I might be mistaken.

Yes, any facepull where that class has initial agro will get full XP that’s shared with the party. I assume this design makes it equal for warriors whom may not get a hit in on all mobs when tanking.

1 Like

Hehe, not a combat class? I almost won a PvP match by bodypulling monsters with my fisherman into other player fire!

…but the last guy could shoot a bit better then the others sadly. Still got 2 out of 3 :rofl:

(Killing beginners totally counts :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

Any comments from the devs? @Mathieu_D :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.