Player Market Fish Overpricing

Long Story short: When leaving the fountain in guild city towards the market stalls there’s a blacksmith. The first stall on the left of that blacksmith is dedicated to selling cheap fish, no questions asked. If there’s another shop selling fish for less you bet the prices will be lowered. If you’re unable to pay for fish (i.e brand new to the game) expect free fish. I’m dedicated to providing cheap fish at any means necessary. Every Saturday every fish in my stall will be 1/2 off (but not below 20 DRAM otherwise I’d sell it to the blacksmith!).

I originally wasn’t going to buy a market stall. That changed when I’d finally become fed up with the prices of fish in HighSteppe. Long story short; Fish in Highsteppe is an overpriced mess. Anybody can fish. I taught my friends kindergartner how to fish in this game through the game, no joke. There’s no rocket science involved. I can easily get more than 60 fish in 60 minutes without breaking a sweat. So why are they selling for 400 DRAM?

That’s overpriced and I’m not letting that stand. I’m selling my fish for extremely cheap for all your alchemy needs.

1d5e64667ec346a5f695bdeb953f6adbeaa1fb78_1_690x422

That image shows a layout of the markets at Guild City. Go to the oddly colored one labeled #1. That’s my stall where I’ll be selling cheap fish. If somebody’s is cheaper then I’ll go cheaper. I’ll constantly be monitoring other stalls so always check back and prices may drop.

Now, fish have been flying off the shelves so far. I can barely keep up with the demand. If you’re wanting to sell fish and you see me in-game sell your fish to me and I’ll buy fish from you for the same price as I’m selling them for at my stall. On sale days I’ll buy them from you at the normal price. Frankly, 20 DRAM for fish is quite rubbish and the blacksmiths are scammers. Don’t trust the the blacksmiths :slight_smile:

Fun fact: stalls owners have been buying my fish and reselling them for higher values. So I really do need help keeping up with the demand. Thank’s fellow stall owners for keeping my pockets full :slight_smile:

Every Saturday when I get on all prices for my fish will be halved. The exceptions are Sunfish and Green Bellied Bass. Those will be lowered to 20 DRAM because otherwise you could just buy them from me and resell them to the blacksmith for a profit. No fish will go below 20 DRAM for that reason.

Edit 1: fun fact: no fish are that hard to get in this game. Don’t let the high level players convince you of that. I’ve got almost every lake lure and fish mapped out. It’s as simple as learning Polymorph with a lvl 1 wizard. If you find me ingame ask about any fish. I’m pretty sure the devs consider that spoilers so I can’t post that here.

Edit 2: Just for transparency, these are the current prices:
Sunfsih: 25
Green Bellied Bass: 30
Katyharen Catfish: 45
Large Minnows: 50
Saddled Lion Eels: 65
And other/higher level stuff is to be determined. Note that these prices may vary slightly from the original prices. That’s because I’ve forgotten the original prices xD Also bass have gone up 5 from the origonal because it just seems more fitting since they are statistically slightly rarer than Sunfish.

Cheers,
Bacon

18 Likes

Can’t keep up with demand, so you make a forum post to advertise? Sickening.

No, but really, nice work on breaking up the monopoly (I myself suspect collusion between the previous stall owners to inflate prices).

2 Likes

As I said I’ll buy fish.

I just left for an hour and I get back and I’ve sold ~35 fish so I’m out of everything but Bass and Tadpoles.

Can’t you people buy slower?! :smiley:

I’ll be fishing primarily in the waters outside of highsteppe for sun/bass and catfish near university island. If you see me I’ll happily buy fish.

3 Likes

I think the prices are for high level characters who using it for alchemy. In the beginning I was looking at prices and thought - who in his mind would buy it? Now I can get dram faster and actually save time from buying if I need it (talking about common fish). Rare fish require more knowledge and time and even risk for some.

Now I do sell fish, but I would not buy it to resell. I’ll buy it for crafting through if it would cost me less time/profit wise. I doubt that you could keep up with demand through. At one point you’ll do charity and I’m fine with it :slight_smile:

One thing I’m not getting through, are you buying fish at your regular selling price and then reselling it for half price at Saturdays? Are you trying to make all fish cost 20 dram and become the blacksmith? :slight_smile:
At this rate no one would do fishing but buying it from you, if you would be able to supply that.

Or you trying to create monopoly on fish and then increase the prices? Don’t think it going to work, but have fun.

Anyway I will check you stall at Saturday and see if I can get something for myself, clown fish at lowest price cut in half? Yes please!

1 Like

This post (the OP) is perfect in every way!
Just clicking “Like” wasn’t enough, I had to leave this comment of praise. \o/

The beauty of player economies and hawking their wares.

6 Likes

I love the fact that you’re advertising your stall and scheduling regular sales for it. This is the kind of player economy I wanted to see here. It’s not entirely necessary for you to take it on yourself to get to regulate the price of fish though. The economy will regulate itself as more people start to participate in it and players become more familiar with fishing and it’s uses they will determine which fish they consider are actually worth the price vs the time they could spend doing it themselves.

Love your commitment though, I hope to see more of your type of engagement here!

3 Likes

How is selling fish for 20 making me the blacksmith? You can’t buy fish from the blacksmith.

No, I’m not going to increase the price btw. Don’t believe me? Check back every week. Prices will stay.

Oh if you mean that I’ll buy fish from players for 20… no. I’ll buy them for the normal day pricing.

I meant you going to buy it for 20 as well, I seen your stall and bought some redflute, at that point I wished I could buy in bulk not just clicking single piece… Thanks for that, if it would stay I could not bothering with gathering some low lvl mats. Also that would help with decreasing pots prices.

Reedflute sells for 2 at the blacksmith, right?

Now I see that you mean that I’ll buy fish from players for 20… no. I’ll buy them for the normal day pricing.

And what do you mean by:
if it would stay I could not bothering with gathering some low lvl mats. Also that would help with decreasing pots prices.

That means its much more efficient for me to buy it for 3 dram, to cover alchemy. If ingredients become cheap, then the prices for pots which using these would be cheaper, it’s logical.

Ok. Isn’t that good?

I guess I’m missing your point.

Let me just say I 100% support this initiative, cheap fish for all! I will make sure to sell my fish to you when I get the chance :smiley:

Actually I’ve been sceptical at first, but I take it as you doing it for common goods and I see it as good thing. Eventually prices will go down anyway, you just speeding up the process. I will see how I can support it, will adjust some prices, or take some low level mats out of stall and replace it with more high level staff.

I will definitely have to seek you out for fishing tips

I love seeing market economies in action. I always made tons of money in other MMORPGs by buying low and selling high. The auction houses in other games was basically a mini-game all in itself. Once you had a feel for prices you could make ridiculous profits.

All that being said, people like you deserve a lot of respect for helping to set a baseline and putting a stop to outright gouging. My hat is tipped to you, sir.

2 Likes

I keep putting my Drink of Ithecac on my stall(#7) to sell for <300-700 less than the other stalls I see in Highsteppe/Guild City and they sell immedietly. I cant tell if its other stall owners or the community but its annoying me that I cant see whos bought what. I would love to be able to check if its just 1 or 2 guys buying all my potions(most likely to resell at higher prices).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.