Playing sitting down

ive tried everything i can think of. the only way that everything works correctly in the game is if im standing. i understand it works better for parties and contributing, but if im playing solo and i want to remain seated i need to figure out why it refuses to let me.

ive tried resetting the oculus, ive tried resetting the guardian and resetting view… nothing works. i have it set up so the left thumbstick strafes and the right allows me to turn but im still stuck lower than the menus to login, etc, along with being lower to npcs. am i missing something? i didnt see anything in the locomotion settings that implies it would change the gameplay from standing to sitting - id love some help here because im lost.

im entirely down to stand but id like the option to relax and play seated especially when im questing and exploring alone. thanks in advance. ive seen many people claim they are playing seated while im asking questions in game, i just cant figure out whats allowing them to do it that i am not seeing

Try adjusting your floor/height. I only play seated. Only time I stand is when I skywalk.

ill try again when i restart my computer, thanks! you just mean when you set the guardian right? or is there a setting im missing?

The game was built with the idea of players standing, so if you sit you’ll be shorter than a standing NPC for sure. Honestly though, almost everything can be done sitting. The only issue I have is opening the inside door of my Fellowship Hall. I only ever stand if I’m playing Warrior against a boss in a high level shard, and that only because I haven’t practiced it sitting.

1 Like

I’ve only ever played sitting, use a taller chair maaaaybe?

1 Like

Is it a CV1 or S? I recently just got my third sensor for my CV1 Rift and had to re-do the process and ran into myself under a floor.

Anyway, the first time I setup the sensors I had to re-calibrate them due to the third sensor addition. Well something apparently wasn’t correct when I loaded in. I resolved the issue by just going through the calibration process one more time. Fixed it up right away. Best of luck!

1 Like

I still currently play on a CV1 and use the original dual sensor Front facing set up and I haven’t ran into any issues in any game that I couldn’t find a way to work around it myself easily.

The one exception is Population: ONE however I just use smooth turn and still figuring out what sensitivity I like the turn speed on. It’s taking more effort than usual however I’m still managing the problem on my own.

In Orbus A desync is very real and easy to happen without realizing it happened until it’s to late. (Usually in shards or raids) When it happens you can often be moved from your center of your play space either by a X, Y, or Z axis. X being horizontal, Y being vertical and Z being diagonal. In return you can be floating in air slightly higher or to the left or right of your center and no one would notice really for those can also be body positions inside play spaces however there are more dramatic moves like players being in walls suddenly or below the ground level or even off floating in space way waaaaaaaaaay outside of the playable area usually Directly underneath It.
To fix just log out and log back in. I’m some extreme cases like where log out is broke too then just force close app and relaunch.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.