Please don't take Wilds PvP personal. PSA brought to you by Union of Ham

Do i need to start recording everytime i go into the Wilds now just in case someone who gets annoyed with dying and losing there things might report me for exploits? Or will you be able to tell that i haven’t done it? If so what happens to the people that do the reporting will they get warned for false reports?

I only ask this because i do feel that if some of the big guilds out there get annoyed with a certain person going around and killing that they will report to try and get them banned so they don’t have to deal with them anymore.

We never assume that a report for something like that is anything other than hearsay. If we receive multiple reports over a period of time from a variety of sources, then we will investigate, and the first step in that investigation is reaching out to the person being reported to listen to what they have to say about it. We also, of course, have our own independent ways of verifying reports…if we think it’s likely someone is doing something like staying in walls, for example, we can do certain things on our end to establish the veracity of that claim.

So I guess if you want to record it feel free, but it’s not like we’re going to get a single report against someone (or multiple reports from a group of friends/guildmates) and then instantly conclude that we know what’s going on. If we see a pattern of reports then it might lead to us reaching out to discuss it or keeping a very close eye on the person, though.

Likewise, if we see a pattern of someone (or a group) issuing reports which are false against others we will do something about that, too (and we already have done that in the past in a couple of cases).

5 Likes

Union of ham, we here at Ready Player One welcome it. Let’s talk in discord discuss a fun guild rivalry.

Glad to hear (but probably not as much as Franny is) that hiding in the environment is considered an exploit. While I think there’s only one infamous, ahem, perpetrator, their recent success might be inspiring copycats.

1 Like

This is really nice to see. I think we all know that PvP can be a frustrating experience, and in VR being PK’d is even more personal in a sense. Hurt feelings in PvP is just the nature of competition where someone loses - some people are relaxed, some pretend to be, and some openly rage. Personally I wish UoH would just accept people will harbour bad feelings towards PvPers in open world no matter how they comport themselves and embrace the role of the heel… this would be really cool IMO and one thing I have noticed is not many people playing the bad guys. IMO this does not mean being jerks to people - just being open about wanting people’s stuff more than wanting them to have a peaceful time in the Wilds.

Like most battles, having superior numbers will be the main determining factor no matter what, so people will be encouraged to work towards common goals, whether that be banditry or defense of the fishing folks!

2 Likes

This is probably more my style. I think other UoH are too nice :slight_smile:

My best experience as a player and roleplayer have been when there was a quality enemy to oppose. No light without darkness and all that.

1 Like

Yes, and without factions, we need an enemy. Thanks UoH for stepping up, turns out I’m really bloodthirsty!

3 Likes

Here at UOH we like to be friendly in PVE but an enemy in PVP. everyone is welcome to join our discord no matter what guild you are in ( unionofham.com ). But if you ever need a hand with anything we are willing to help.

Seurimas took one look at me and decided he needed backup.

Yeah, I needed to backup from that smell. Oooooooooooo

(This is what we’re doing, right?)

1 Like

If you want to be PvP, go for it. Someone started attacking me, but I noticed my health didn’t go down. They were specifically trying to get me to attack “first” so I would be the bandit, and not them. I don’t recall offhand who did this, but this is the kind of things I dislike in PvP.

6 Likes

I don’t appreciate you calling me out for coming out of walls. I assume it is a joke but it is by no means clear in this post. I have never hid in walls for the record.

:slight_smile:

I mean, good on you guys for not taking the bait. Would have been hilarious if you had though.

Let me know when you have 4 minutes to settle this in the Arena. I will gladly give you the opportunity to taste the blood you are thirsty for. :wink:

When you take peoples stuff you are taking the time they put into getting it, dont be surprised when people get upset.

3 Likes

I feel you on this. I am friends with most of the 20’s we bump into and I am not out there to be a jerk. I am just a guy who prefers PvP to PvE. The goal of this post is to let people know that WE do not take this personal and that we are just out there to kill you, and take your bags as a trophy. It’s all fun. :slight_smile:

Also, people should enjoy how nice UoH is out there. Give this game a little bit more time and let Oculus release a new headset and you will have every little 15 year old memer in the wilds making fun of your mom after they gank you.

That would be a really fast way to get a ban.

7 Likes

I am telling you. This is the nicest dude that will ever kill you and take your bags. Enjoy him while you can.

And Nick, yea, I agree with you, I personally am too nice out there. It’s cause I like everyone!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I like everyone too. I just like their stuff being my stuff more.