Please don't take Wilds PvP personal. PSA brought to you by Union of Ham

We here in the Union of Ham believe that the Wilds are supposed to be a place of fun, but also a place of danger. If you are venturing out into the Wilds, there should be an element of fear that at any moment a player may appear who can and will kill you. As a guild, we are those players, but we are not your enemies. We only have a few rules in our fellowship: Don’t be a jerk, don’t go into the wilds if you aren’t prepared to die, and last, don’t take things personal. If we kill you or if you kill us, we have done what we set out to do, and that is make the Wilds wild. We will be the first people to say “GG” after your kill us, or give your dead spirit a hug if we kill you, because we are not out there to be mean, we are out there to bring PvP to the wilds. So please, if you see us coming towards you and we engage (I personally usually alert you and tell you to prepare for a fight), don’t take it personal and please don’t get mad, this is what makes the Wilds wild.

For those of you who are loving the game and want to play with a group of PvP’ers in both Arena and Wilds PvP, then make sure to head over to the Union of Ham discord at www.unionofham.com You will find a solid group of great people who not only love Orbus PvP and PvE, but also love playing VR games in general.

If you are one of the people that we have fought tonight who took it with a smile, or killed us and didn’t act like a raging jerk afterward, thank you.

See you in the wilds! Cheers!

3 Likes

I loved PvPing in the wilds. But yeah people take it very personal. However people take any PVP experience personal which is why people are always so angry in games like LOL and Overwatch.

But at least when they go into the Wilds they get a big sign warning them “This is a PVP area” so they know the score.

Keyword: usually. They put their weapons away and held their hands up pretending to be friendly until I got close so they could take some pop shots at me, which at least turned it into a fair fight for them. They’re not out for a fair fight, though. They just want to PK because that’s what’s fun for them and they’re sad that nobody queues for Arena right now.

No bad blood on my part, just telling everyone if you see Hammers in the Wilds, go ahead and open fire on them. It’s what they want anyway, and it’s either you or them.

10 Likes

i’ve gone around the wilds hoping to find anyone to kill but it’s usually empty

I’m not level 20 yet but I have run into the wilds as a short cut. I’m honestly surprised I didn’t get killed but I think it’s because I was on late at night.

1 Like

I love PVP, and of course I don’t take it personally. However if you hide out in the mountains/environment waiting until people wipe to steal their stuff, or are alone, then do expect us to track you down and kill you - again.

7 Likes

Context:

Got a report that someone had been ganked by Union of Ham in Lucain today. Upon entering, I saw three Union of Ham members and I gave them explicit permission to try to attack our group of five. A couple of hours later, one person split off and was attacked by three Union of Ham members. We had friends trying to retrieve their graves in the center, so we cleared a mob first, then went off to help our guildy - only to see him shot in the back at the last second. I shield rushed and killed Smithe instantly with the help from another warrior and a musketeer (the other two party members were delayed with a mob), and we killed a ranger too, while the third ran away. We didn’t bother tracking them down.

Later on the Union of Ham stole bags from another Nox group in the desert wilds, apparently UoH had been hiding in the mountains there, and killed a Noxian that was low health from the encounter. So of course my guildy had to track down UoH and kill them, and they did so very easily.

PVP is wonderful. Don’t hide behind this dialogue that we’re carebears and ignoring the game mechanics, or whatever else. I gave you permission, I welcome a fight, I will not call for back up unless we are outnumbered, and I will win, time and time again.

9 Likes

To be honest, that Nox fight was not even what I was thinking about when I wrote this. There was a guy from Ready Player One who was super salty and this was written for him.

Yeah, PvP should be fun and exciting, but some people its not really into that way of thinking :space_invader:

I was out grinding for XP in the wilds with a few people today and we got surprised by the ham crew who took us out. I thought it was hilarious and fun and really spiced up what had been a bit of a monotonous day for me slogging the last legs of level 19 up to 20. It’s easy to get upset if you lost some precious mats you were trying to get home with, but that’s the risk you take in the wilds. I went in prepared, with nothing to lose, and left with a good experience and some good memories.

If you can’t take the heat, get out the kitchen!

1 Like

Glad that you weren’t referring to Nox with this post. As we’ve discussed previously, Nox Fellowship has an agreement among all members not to start fights in the wilds, mostly because we have a lot of friends across fellowships and value those relationships more than some harvestables, however we will always fight back. Union of Ham has proven that they go to the wilds to be bandits, and as such, are deemed kill on sight by Nox. I can’t wait. ALL UNION OF HAM REAGENTS ARE BELONG TO US.

6 Likes

One of our group said they saw you guys come out of the wall. Did you? If so, that’s exploiting and I do kind of take that personally.

3 Likes

Huh? A wall, in the middle of the Lamavoran Wilds? I’m not even sure where said wall would be, but no, I did not do that. You can go ahead and have a look at about 3:39:00 (not sure on the exact time UOH rolls in) in this video if you would like to see for yourself: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223407638

I take personal, baseless, attacks on my character personally. I own what I do, and I do not exploit.

Sorry, not you aeon.

One of the stonehenge looking things in the desert.

I wouldn’t mind a wilds PVP event. If we could get 100+ players in a crazy free for all, it would be epic! And we’d also be stress testing the server for Riley!

Only encounter I had with any pvp groups in the desert was when I first bumped into the UOH guys there and we had a friendly exchange, which took place nowhere near the henges and was near the entrance on the west side, where they invited me to the clan and I ran off when they attacked. It was also funny and friendly.

Anyways, wasn’t me your guys were thinking of and outside of whats in my stream, I can’t speak to the actions of anyone but myself. No biggie.

I got killed a couple times by someone in union and blacklist, first time lost my fishing stuff. I happened to come across 2 separate groups, one who was already looking for the bandits when I was heading back to find them.

I ran ahead and found them, one guy laughed and said something about me still showing up by myself and attacked, he sounded so surprised when like 9 more people came over the hill right after he said that. It was hilarious XD. I had fun and got my shit back :stuck_out_tongue:

That was tonight, I think the RP1 member he said was salty was actually with me. It didn’t come across as salty to me but who knows, he seemed fine to me lol.

3 Likes

Oh man should’ve seen me running like a bat outta hell once everyone showed up, it was like a hellfire of ammo and arrows raining upon me as I teleported all zig zaggy trying to reach the nearest lifewell as everyone else was coming over the help. lmao I barely survived. It was intense. :rofl:

2 Likes

@Kultar You are thinking of someone else. We didn’t pop out of any walls. We came up to people and told them we were going to attack and to prepare. Cowboy was about the only person who got a 3v1. Most people I just let Seuramis 1v1.

@Badankadonk you were not the salty guy, you were super cool about it.

Just wanted to pop in here and say, the Wilds are indeed meant to be Wild, PvP is part of the game, and I think most players realize that.

At the same time, if you do see someone exploiting something (such as standing in a wall where they aren’t supposed to be able to get to via teleporting/sliding) then please just use the Report feature and let us know, there’s no need to do anything else. We will investigate it and take care of it.

Finally, I just wanted to say since this thread is trending toward the personal, please don’t forget our Guidelines which don’t allow personal attacks on other people. So there’s no need for name calling. Thanks!

2 Likes