Pointing at mobs

Ok this might sound silly, but how do you point at a mob and get it’s name/level to zoom in or highlight?

I saw it in a tips video but no idea how to do it. I can point at the hovering map just by moving my hand up, have tried that, with each hand, both hands, with weapon, clicking on trigger/grip/movement buttons. Using the HTC Vive original if that makes a difference, also have a Quest but haven’t tried it with that yet. It sounds like a great feature, specially for me as I find distance details are super unclear and I can’t always see the creature level before I’m too close and have to run for my life :slight_smile:

I noticed atleast with the knuckles (I forget how the wand does it) I had to lower the grip sensitivity. Otherwise you are basically choking out the controllers to get them to work. Basically, just gripping + nothing else will create the point gesture.

1 Like

thanks, I’ll give it a try next time I’m in game :smiley:

I think its something you might also have to turn on in the settings, not sure

1 Like

Well couldn’t find a setting and still can’t get it to work on the vive. I did try it on the quest and it works using the grip just fine so maybe it’s my vive controllers? They’ve been boxed for the last year and don’t have much battery life so maybe that’s the issue.

i feel the same i just tell the user give me your finger while i hold out a Sword

1 Like

You don’t enable pointing, I don’t think. But grip settings are in SteamVR / controller bindings.

1 Like

there is also an option i think is called “focus healthbars”, if you have it disabled you can’t point at enemies to show their healthbar.

1 Like

I think I tried that Potato but it didn’t seem to do anything, or maybe it was another setting, haven’t looked at it today.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.