Ponting finger setting

would we be able to get a switch for the new pointing mechanic so vive players can have the old setting like in normal orbus

(edit) can we get a setting just to change the hands back to the old ones the new ones are also really impractical to use and pick up random items when trying to grab set things.

2 Likes

I’m an oculus user, and I really want the classic pointing mechanic back. The ‘laser pointer’ thing is distracting; it bumps me mentally “out of the character” and thus out of the game. It is also quite confusing that I have to press the trigger (I think?) to get it to switch from one hand to another. Also, with the laser thing visible I keep thinking I can press the trigger to activate what I’m looking at, which doesn’t seem to work. But really, what I want is to be able to just point naturally with whatever hand I happen to want to use at the moment. So, the old mechanic is much better than what is currently in the beta. Being able to choose “natural finger pointing” versus “laser finger” would be fine with me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree that this took me well out of character as well, and can kill immersion. I didn’t expect it to have that big of an impact, and I’m sure I’d get used to it, but it was a shocking change. That being said, it’s nice not to have to move to interact with the login screen if it’s “far away” when it loads.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m torn on this is well. It’s convenient for some things, but feels awkward in others, such as moving stuff around in your inventory. This may just be something we’ll get used to over time, but it definitely felt cumbersome in certain contexts.

1 Like

Felt like sometimes the new finger made it too hard to click what I was trying to. And it being out all the time made me accidentally open menu constantly so turned off motion menu

3 Likes

This

This

This
I love all of these points. I’m still going to keep trying the laser pointing thing because I feel it’s good to explore change, but the new pointing mechanic felt like the first time I got that “horse head” wad as a runemage. All of my spells were instantly 1000% harder to cast. (I’m not that awesome at runemage anyway ;P) That being said, the new hands confused me on where I normally hold my hands for teleport movement. I do like the fact that if my menu did get glitched, that I’d still be able to reach it. Overall, the new beta is pretty :smiley: Gimmie more

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.