Poor game performance since the 9th

My problem seems to be what you were describing Riley more areas with smaller load times because it is mainly happening when I’m walking in large areas of the map whether that be material collecting or from one city to the next but if I stop and take on an enemy everything seems fine and run smooth

Okay, yeah go ahead and do the reinstall just in case, and then what are the specs on your computer?

Gtx 1060
16gb DDR4
Intel i7 2.8GHz

Do you have an SSD or spinning hard drive?

I have a Hdd 1tb…

It doesn’t happen to be raided is it? I know I ran into issues with Windows resynching my drives and causing all types of load issues until I moved Orbus to another drive.

Yeah, mine was definitely network lag but it doesn’t normally happen and I have a gigabit connection that wasn’t experiencing any issues to my knowledge, so I figured I’d mention, in case it helps. Made T7 squiddie an extra clencher as decurser.

reinstalled game and it seemed to fix the issue for now, ill do more gameplay later (cant now) and ill report back here if I experience and further hiccups. thx all

Just to be sure I do the same. What driver version are you running for your 1060 and are you on beta or standard branch?

im on ver. 388.31 (laptop)

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

I did a clean install for nvidia drivers v 388.59. It definitely “fixed” the issue of dropped frames. I once again have smooth gameplay. Looks like the current nvidia driver is breaking performance. I don’t mind using the reverted driver version, but hopefully @Riley_D and team can find a fix before the free weekend. I’d hate to see a bunch of potential players completely disregard the game due to a LOT of dropped frames. And it happened a ton in Highstepe too, right where you come out of the starting area.

It seemed to happen when looking towards lighting effects. I’ll upload a video of my performance pre driver reversion.

1 Like

just wanted to post an update for anyone else having this issue.

after I reinstalled, checked my gfx driver, I still had an occasional hiccup here and there. But then I switched from “Steamvr Beta” to opt out of Beta for steamvr, and things have ran a lot smoother. I do still have random hands flying off into the ether every once in a blue moon … but I assume that’s a tracking issue since I’m also using TPcast.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.