Potential Future Ideas For Orbus!

Hey Everyone!!

Orbus is the Everquest of VR. This game has brought back a feeling that I have searched for in every mmo since Warcraft patch 3.3.5! If you are a wow fan, you will definitely understand the statement.

I have a few suggestions moving forward that I would like to bring up to the community to see how you all feel about them!!

-Our Book-

I was going to suggest book tabs, but it has been suggested many of times - edited-

Speaking of the book, I would love the option to be able to write notes!! As this game is VR, looking online or writing notes in real life is difficult. Put a star by this one, its my top pick!!

-Spell Casting-

Spell casting in this game is mostly done on a 2d plain within a 3d environment. I find that most of my casting errors are not from incorrect shape, but potential errors in going too far back or forward. This gets more pronounced the longer I play. I know that some level 3 spells make use of this 3d plain, but i feel that if while casting a spell, the purple line was limited to a 2d plain, that we would resolve a lot of issues, and I could play longer with less errors.

-Dedicated Map-

I know we have a map in our book, but I believe that a dedicated map on our belt or interface menu with character current position would be of great use. Maybe we could have these maps be found or have an option to purchase them in the town relative to the area.

-Misc-

Seeing your body when you look down to see some of the cool gear you have equipped would be nice / a mirror in our house!!!

future classes in the game are obviously a super cool feature moving forward, and I cant wait to see where we bring this game, so my question to you guys who read this post is - What future class would you like to see in the game!!

Thanks everyone for the short novel, and I apologize if any of these ideas are backwash. See you in game!!!

2 Likes

Blockquote
-Our Book-
I would love the option to be able to write notes!!

As enhancements of existing features go; I couldnā€™t agree more with the option for writing in our books!

Iā€™m learning the arcane arts (level 4) and I currently have a lovely little notebook with my scribbled handwriting in it for notes I have taken down about spells and runes. The only downside is having to stop playing and lift the Headset up each time I want to double check my notes.
Appreciate that there must be a specific level of difficulty in designing a full drawing and persistent system into the game that then functions as a book as well, but Iā€™d love the added functionality of this.

Blockquote
-Spell Casting-
if while casting a spell, the purple line was limited to a 2d plain,

Iā€™ve loved the challenge of perfecting the spell casting, but I understand what you mean with this as well. I wish there was a tier system that somehow became more forgiving the more you practice with a spell.

But either way I kind of like the challenge of the mage class as it is. It feels like perfecting the casting and the class is a real skill that you have to master (though weā€™ve all had that moment when you know you drew it fine but it decided to ā€˜frdumpā€™ regardless :expressionless: )

Either way, love your overall suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

The map/compass system is fine how it is, at least in my opinion. This isnā€™t strictly a traditional MMO. Orienteering and sense of direction are real-world skills that translate well into this VR game. I played through all of the Guild City quests with no map use because I quickly understood where towns and landmarks were with relation to each other.

The tabs and typed notes in the journal are good ideas.

With that out of the way, Iā€™d like to see a Druid class, but it doesnā€™t really fall within the lore.

I agree, I would also like to take notes in my book. to the map, also there I would like to be able to see my current location. I would especially like to see my body when you look down.

Iā€™ve been reading/hearing/told that spell casting has some 3D spells along with 2D; so sadly, flattening them out isnā€™t exactly doable- but would be nice for at least detecting level 1/2 spells that should be flat. Personally, my hands begin to shake due to my natural health (so very low chance of spellcasting for me without loads of extra practice). I think it would be great if there was a skill for being able to write down spells on paper for later use to use as runemage (kind of like japanese paper scroll spells, i canā€™t remember the name of the skill in general). The only downfall, to make it fair, is that you canā€™t tell if the time you drew was good or not till you use it. This would open up a market for skilled artists in the game to make dram by writing level 1/2 spells and selling them to other players with less skill at them; these of course would still provide exp towards said class (Whether still runemage or a new class).

A separate book for notes would be nice, specially for writing down spells that wonā€™t transfer over to the original book one is givin- with the option to keyboard typing option for those who arenā€™t good at note taking by pencil in VR environment.

I have to agree the lack of persistent map really grew on me and now I know where everything is no matter where I am. Itā€™s a cool feeling.

1 Like

Oh man, i canā€™t wait for the monk class so i can fist fight all the enemies like Rocky xD

1 Like

needs an axe class. donā€™t care if itā€™s lumberjack or berzerker. i need to have an axe the size of a labrador

4 Likes

Notes in your journal would be very helpful.

Also normal books you can read in game. I was fishing today and although it is fun to reel the fish in once something bites, itā€™s not that interesting to wait for that to happen. Books you can read while you wait for the fish (or while you wait for something else) would be great.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll end up adding to this later, but going to chime in as well.

• I want to add on to the requests about Maps in a different way. Donā€™t make the maps show where you are (I agree with this). This is VR, you will literally travel the world and learn it like a map. But can you make it not be a page in the book? Coming from a new player - just started tonight - Iā€™m reading the book a lot. So itā€™s not on the map page. Meaning Iā€™ve got to turn the pages to get back to the map. Can you give us either a bookmark, or a ā€œmapā€ on my belt that I can pull out like the book to see a map?

• Push to Talk. So. I love VR, and the aspects of talking with everyone constantly. I love the positional audio (very cool by the way). But in the real world - Iā€™ve got kids. You donā€™t want to hear my kids. So thereā€™s very real need for me to have a push to talk aspect to help fellow players around me. I donā€™t want to just ā€œturn off my micā€, because I want to be a part of the world. But I want to be respectful of everyoneā€™s time. So if you can add an ability to do this? That would rock.

• Movement only on one controller - Might be a Vive thing, may already be an option (I will play around again shortly), but making both controllers move me around just by ā€œtouchā€ can get in the way sometimes. Also, Iā€™m a fan of ā€œpushingā€ instead of gently sliding my thumb, and I donā€™t see an option for that. Not hard pressing on this (I can easily get used to it), but figured to bring it up in suggestion threads.

• Musketeer / Ranger - Aiming? It might be just my newness to the game, but Iā€™m finding aiming difficult. I have to ā€œguessā€ if Iā€™m close. So is there some sights on the gun / bow that Iā€™m not using to help make me more accurate that Iā€™m missing? If not, could you add them?

• Words / Numbers over bars - When I had my shield out as a warrior, to be quite honest I had literally no idea what any of the bars meant or did. Same with the icons. All prettyā€¦but I was scratching my head. No numbers on them. I figured green was health? Had to guess blue was the shield. Even reading the entry in the book only kind of helped. So could you put some numbers over them to make them a bit more understandable?

• Little more clarification on how certain skills of classes work - Example - the turret on the musketeer. I still donā€™t quite get it. Read I have to shake it to change it from healing to damage. I have no idea which is which. Guessing red is damage? Then when I throw it it stays. Ok, very cool that I experimented to figure that out. But does it ever come back? Does it stay there forever? Thereā€™s nothing really to explain this to a new player. Same goes for all your other classes and abilities. More ways to explain the nuances would be helpful to new players.

• More eyes for guys - nuff said :slight_smile: the droopy and old eyes are fine, but Iā€™d like some normal wide eyes please!

• More short hair models - Iā€™ve got short hair in real life. Would love to have some on the characters!

• Facial hair for characters?

• Easier way to see youā€™ve aggroed or entered combat. I havenā€™t found any easy way (other than the mob running straight for me) to tell I just got aggro. Anything you can do to alert us would be great!

1 Like

I think the fish should tell thou what lure thou used to catch them

1 Like

Hereā€™s some more from a new player after another about 1.5 hours :

• I play Musketeer. I like the guns. So the Turret? On my right shoulder. I shoot right handed. So itā€™s tough to reach with my left hand while shooting to my right shoulder and pull it out to throw up. I eventually got used to it, but when I looked to change shoulders? I canā€™t. Canā€™t move it around in inventory between the compass and the turret. Can that be fixed so I can move it where it makes sense?

• Speaking of moving the abilities, do they HAVE to be on your shoulders? Can you move them to your waist? Potentially with smaller icons?

• The reason I mention smaller icons, is with a full decked out waist (tool, teleport, turret, etc), I found that when I tried to grab things on the ground (or look at things on the ground), all the stuff on me would get in the way. Sometimes Iā€™d grab my pick instead. Smaller icons would probably fix this if you want to leave them where they are at.

• Other than music, definitely canā€™t tell something will invoke aggro on me. It needs something so I know if I get too close, itā€™s going to try to kill me. AKA - the Stags and Rabbits? Should they by default be aggro?

• Overheard in game - thought it was a good idea - for spells, if you donā€™t quite get the spell right, but you get REALLY close to what it should look like, can you make it still cast the spell, but at a reduced damage / output? Do something to show them that they didnā€™t quite do it right, but it still kicks off. Think of it like the swing of the sword for warriors.

• For Warriors - can we have more than just a sword? Pike, Axe, two handed weapons? Not all warriors are going to want to be tanks, but the more types of weapons we can have the better.

• Musketeers - Scopes / long range rifles? Thinking of how youā€™d upgrade their weapons.

• Rangers - Cross bows?

• This goes to my other suggestion above about your map, but now to the journal. Turning the compass upside down? While I get it saves space, itā€™s really hard on my wrists to do. You gotta really get that sucker upside down to pop out. So can there be another way to do this?

• Some of the quests, within the journal, donā€™t remind you of little things that the NPC said. Since you also canā€™t talk to the NPC again, you might get a little lost. For example, I went on the quest for the herbs (second quest I think), and I thought the Chef said to go to the woods. So out I went to really high level wolves, and that didnā€™t feel right. Come to find out he meant by the farm. There wasnā€™t anything in the journal to help me figure that out, so I was guessing. So either talking to the quest giver again, or better instructions in the quest notes would be a big help.

• Your equipment slot icons in your inventory arenā€™t quite intuitive. I had to guess which ones were for the shoulders, vs which one is for your chest, etc. Words, or lines to where they go would be a big help.

• Tiny hats getting rid of hair? I know I said I wanted short hair, but not to be bald! Putting on the musketeer hat makes me look like little john. No hair. Can that be fixed or is that a limitation of the models?

• Going on confusing questions - if you need to use a quest item, thereā€™s nothing showing you itā€™s ā€œusedā€ or is ā€œstill neededā€. Example, I ended up killing 2 stags before going to the chef. For some reason I had 2 Stag meat in my inventory (both quest items). I went to the chef, got my new quest for the herbs from him. He mentioned nothing about the meat (or taking it from me), so I look in my inventory and both Stag meat are still there. Naturally, I figured I didnā€™t need them any more so trashed them, only to find out I still needed one for the next quest! So some way to let us know something is still needed, or was used would be a big help.

• Overlays about achievements, quests completed etc, are on your ā€œcenterā€ view (wherever you are looking). If they pop up while you are trying to read an NPCs quest or dialog, they overlap behind it. Making both hard to read or pay attention to. Not sure how to fix this, but itā€™s something to look at.

• Why no going up stairs animation? The warping is ok, but animation for those of us that do full loco would be great.

• When opening a door and going in, you end up facing the door when you get in. Might make more sense to face straight away from the door?

• I found a few times while fighting (in a group) that I couldnā€™t use my full loco to ā€œback upā€ as I was getting seriously hurt. I appeared ā€œstuckā€. So I had to teleport away. Not sure if thatā€™s a bug or intended.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.