Potential late game class augments

Some of these might be terrible, but it doesn’t hurt to suggest it!

So, just to preface I love the game and will love whatever you all do in the future, and I am ecstatic over the chaos realms update!

onto the topic, at later stages with the perk points I was curious if maybe they could also go towards class specific things for example:

Musketeer - Enhanced turret, heal multiple allies or attack multiple enemies

scoundrel - upgrade cards for stronger effects or more lasting ones etc

runemage - maybe either scrolls with saved spells for later potentially like a resurrection ritual with higher or lower chance of success depending on original casting
or - potentially giving them a nod to the jewish golem idea where they learn a rune placed on one of two types of golems (tank, or porcelain healer)which would be unsummonable in pvp and other scenarios

this next one i’m really iffy on, but potentially
ranger - after getting to a certain level as ranger and a certain rep with the critter capture, Pierre gives you a special net catcher to catch baby animals like tigers warthogs etc which once you catch enough for him he leads you to the library to use perk points to buy the net and gives you a scroll that explains how to train a battle pet that you raise up to your level on an exponential curve that capers off towards 30

there are definitely different ideas in this post, but the main thread is suggestions for character growth without completely rewriting the characters or hopefully the effort you all put in to making them!

Anyway, I’m still stumped on bard, warrior, and paladin

that went from 0 to 100 real quick

1 Like

Haha, yeah, couldn’t help from getting creative with runemage and ranger

1 Like

i dont think the dps classes need buffs

in my opinion, I agree. I do however think the game will grow more and that suggestions for future things are good

yeah i like the thinking here it’s just things like runemage are already really good

Runemage: give True Affliction back to how it was.

Warrior: Unequip shield for 100% damage increase. This will give a melee DPS so people will finally see whether it works or not. I’m not going to debate whether it would work in OrbusVR.

Ranger: Give an interrupt arrow. Please.

Bard: Resurrect.

Paladin: Let’s face it, they’re already OP lol

2 Likes

maybe even give them a dual wield option for dps instead, would be some work for the coders but i’m sure they could come up with some cool two sword techniques

If they gave ranger an interrupt arrow, they would also have to add a third arrow slot, or ranger’s capability would be greatly reduced, having to choose between interrupt or poison (or smth else, poison is just the meta besides piercing)

2 Likes

Make it a class slot like the Musketeer Lifewell :slight_smile: Lifewell used to be just another orb until the devs made it a class item that’s always there. Ranger interrupts are either our spike damage ability (charged arrow, which our rotation and tiles depend on) or the trap, and if you’re 30 meters out good luck hitting with that. Even if you do, you’re now out that interrupt for a LONG time.

Plus, with Rangers, damage is dealt BEFORE the interrupt, unlike Scoundrel which interrupts and THEN deals damage. This means against enemies with Link Shield, we deal 0 damage on the interrupt with our biggest damage ability.

TLDR: Ranger interrupts are configured in a way to make them almost worthless.

3 Likes

i like where this is going, might be able to change that order instead of adding a new arrow, maybe even since the poison is so meta like the heal well, maybe they should make that the ranger ability and then add different types of poison?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.