Right path mage needs a buff

Is Right path mage useless in endgame content the static charge I have seen no one using and normally a mage isn’t going to be close enough to use it the one for going faster I cannot see a big difference shared streaks I have seen no one use If multiple mage say up to 3 could stack it an do as much as selfish it would be worth it for the team and contamination idk what it does but the big one is true affliction if you could stack multiple of the dot it would be viable these are all personal opinions however

1 Like

pretty much, static charge is useless, shared streak is worse than selfish, runic speed doesn’t work, true affliction doesnt outweigh affinity even with dot spreading, and contamination is the only one people might use if they dont want to bother with triplicity and the diminishing returns of it.

2 Likes

You forgot to mention the people who use it simply because it looks cool

Practically useless, ya. I put out a bunch of polls, I gathered a bunch of data on DPS numbers but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. They nerfed True Affliction to the ground when Reborn launched and I fear we’ll never get it back to being useful again.

That being said, just because it’s god-awful and it really restricts the way people play, don’t be afraid to take those talents anyway. You don’t need the meta to beat most end game content. I still use True Affliction to the horror and dismay of my party members. Do what you find fun and to hell with the meta as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

Maybe some day it’ll actually be useful again, but in the meantime, you take Affinity or you deal subpar damage. I chose to deal subpar damage.

3 Likes

It needs to be said, but this problem isn’t just for the mage class as well. But there are many talents on other classes that need to be changed completely or changed to make viable. I’d say mage has it the worst for sure though considering a whole portion of the class is pretty much sectioned off from being viable in any regards towards endgame content.

But talents such as “Hammer of Forgiveness” on Paladin, “Sheet Music” on Bard, “Rapidity” on Ranger (pls uncap), etc etc.

Point is, I think they really need to look back on the talents. Cause the game has changed so much that a good chunk of them are straight up useless cause of how weak it is. Or they are just broken (literally). So changing them to better fit the role that they play or buffing them would be great.

5 Likes

exactly, with a talent tree that only has an option A or B. they should have equal endgame pay offs, not “option A or the class wont work properly, or as well.” while alot of the talents are great i think the current meta should be kept the same, and then rework the alternative, creating more variation between peoples playstyles, for paladin as an example, keep everything on the left, and keep plea of divinity. but for everything else on the right, and you could even scrap the two tier 4 talents. and make new ones, providing a new way to play paladin, without sacrificing its ability to hold agro and survive. then just rinse and repeat for the other classes.

2 Likes

There are only 8 classes in the game, all with a very “right and wrong” way of playing them, it becomes very unenjoyable when everyone is playing the same class, the same way, and when those who arent playing the class the same way is, they are punished by lower dps, or lower survivability, like precision vs rapidity, or flame based scoundrel vs poision duplication.

3 Likes

Shared streak is better if you are the only mage in the party And if they are all competent. Contamination is good in pvp along with true affliction. However contamination makes onpy Mage Dots last slightly longer so its absolutley horrible. As you will reapply all of them for the damage-dot damage difference in pve. Also trip will still give a ~24% boost if i remember on average with no tiles for the duration of trip. The reset manip might be interference for your main firespam tiles though. Right side does have some nice stuff. However the only one is true affliction pvp, and shared streak in a very specific setting.

And that’s all well and good. I’m happy to hear they have their uses and niches to be successful in.

But the situations in which they come up that they would be better than the alternative is rare. Rare enough that… why WOULD you take anything else than the main talents unless you were going for something hyper-specific?

If you can take those useless talents and make them good and viable in situations than the other talents would, more to you. You’re absolutely cracked. But, it’s noticeably a lot more effort to pull off than the alternative.

If I were to change mage in anyway, I’d make one talent pathway for single spelled mages. And then another talent pathway for those who are more keen to the idea of rotating between spells. Somewhat like how it is now. Except i’d say that right side mage is more DOT benefits than anything.

1 Like

Runic Diversity is currently useless in the meta. lend a hand has no purpose triplicity sucks unless you have god tiered internet and are a fire mage benefitting a ton of other buffs. the only talents for mage that are even useful are Selfish Streak, Affinity for the main pve meta aka affliction fire.

1 Like

I find it quite useful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lend a hand is one of the coolest talents in the game

strikes twice is better :slightly_frowning_face:

it doesnt contribute to damage

damage wise. it does nothing.

Breaking News: Scientists discover that dps isn’t actually the only thing that matters! More at 10!

2 Likes

I mean to be honest for a dps class it kind of is I personally think lend a hand should just be innate to the class and an option to turn on and have something fill it in to cater to the idea of the class “dps” that can of course include utility but that also usually ends up being a dps increase even if doesn’t directly effect the numbers

1 Like

Without lend a hand I would miss 50% of my fireballs making me deal 50% less damage… it think it does contribute to damage just not in a direct way

2 Likes

well that’s more of a skill issue. something like triplicity or whatever is an increase to damage regardless of skill. lend a hand doesn’t offer any increase to dps, just makes it easier to aim.