Potion Goblin assistant

Since I’m having problems to keep up a regular schedule to play cause of work and other private stuff potion aging is close to impossible to me. Im sick of trying small amount of potions that don’t hurt as much when they overage. But when I manage it successfully they dont fill my needs of aged potions at all.

I can all hear you all saying: “just give it to a guild member to age it for you”

But I dont wont to bother people with that stupid task a bot could do. So here my Idea:

Implement a “Potions Goblin assistant”.

He should consist out of 3 parts.

• the Goblin
  • a Timer
  • a Potion holder

This parts could be dropt in engame/grinding activities and should be rare drops. That doesn’t annoy anyone if droped like the tinkering stuff.
So for exaple:

'Goblin" drops from the grinder with the same rate as the arcane mount.

The “Timer” drops from the (new?) Raid same drop chance as the skullmount.

The “Potion holder” drops from shard 15 with the same rate as a +6 legendary.

When combining this 3 items the “Goblin Potion assistant” spawns in the basement of your player house next to your aging chest.
For appears you could just reuse the look of the goblins in highstep and let him hold the time clock teleportation device transmog thing (don’t know the exact name).

How to use him:

Drop the potions in you aging chest as usual.
Wave at the goblin. He should have 5 slots/drop down menus where you can select the potions from you aging chest . After every selection you have to set a timer for it. Example: 7days

When the timer runs out the potion from your aging chest will automatically be transported to the before selected slot of the goblin. When you take the pots out of the slot. It becomes unusable. When all 5 slots have been used the goblin will despawn until you collect all 3 parts again and create a new one.

4 Likes

say NO to slavery…

2 Likes

its not slavery… your giving them a warm home, a purpose and some company sometimes

I like this idea though. gives people that just can’t age potions themselves a way too + if its tradable its a valuable item to sell/buy

I understand this idea. Both the goblin and the way to get it sound like good ideas independantly.

I do think though that combining 3 very very difficult to obtain legendary items in the game should not reward an item that players need who can’t play all the time. Because they will never be online enough to get it. (Or be really long time players)

This “potion goblin involintary helper” should be obtained by an action that less consistent players can also obtain. An example thought: played X days + can be tinkerer crafted with the blueprint being obtainable by intermidiate strong monster, that you would otherwise have no reason to kill/grind.

The 3 items you need to gather to make that goblin sound like some legendary items that you would get as one of the most cool items out there. Because you basically got at the top of end game items in every aspect. You would get rewarded something like a glowing mount, cape, or pet. Or a ring that does benefit the player with something minorly useful for the very dedicated players (e.g. small speed boost even without mount)

5 Likes

Maybe a goblin store item too? For like 50 tokens or something, That would be a good way to buy goblin assistants haha

1 Like

Let’s call them assistants. :slight_smile:

I don’t want to see discussions about slaves and slavery being cool or positive around here.
Thanks for understanding.

7 Likes

For all that work I would make that “beautiful, smart INDEPENDANT mythological being” to brew my potions for me.

I was so excited for a minute! :joy_cat:

I like the idea of the helper, but I like your method of obtaining it better. The first thing I thought when I read how to get the pieces was, “well, guess I’m not gonna be able to get it!” :upside_down_face:

Really good idea. Hope the devs pick it up and make something out of it.

So you have to essentially farm an arcane mount, a legendary +6, and a raid item to age 5 slots of potions (or 1 timer, like 1 week)? Just one time, before needing to re-farm those items?

This seems awfully expensive. Personally I would just sell the parts to players, assuming they are tradeable. Unless I misunderstand this seems like way too rare for what it does.

I think it could be decent for players who want to incur a cost upon themselves for convenience. But the cost should be moderately high (probably in dram) and not so utterly ridiculously expensive in time (rarity).

Sure the drop rate can be lowered. It was just my initial idear. I’ll just to let you know my thoughts why I came up with this “insane rarity” & one time use for those 3 items:

1. Drop variety:

More and more endgame player wont do normal raids anymore. Why? Cause they dont need anything anyome from it. Same with the grinder. And soone the same for the +6 more and more people get all the +6 and only do them for fun or to help guild members out to get their +6. A new Item in this activities would help them to stay and motivate to help new lvl 30 players to join higher content since theirs still another item for them to get.

1. The concept alone:

Most endgame player dont need this feature. Their are only a few who actually need it. Everyone else can still age them normaly. For those who can keep up with a schedule to age potion its not needed at all. Its just a nice to have. But what’s not nice to have is a item that drops way to often. Just think about cloth scraps. For The items It should be something like “ohh nice I got a goblin does somebody need it”, and not another " ohhhh wow got a goblin time to trash it"

3.Why the one time use?

Cause from the content you need this aged potions for you most likely get them back or atleast a few of them aged or not.
So lets say you start with a stack of every potions and use every day 1 or 2 sets and Some days without. You’ll get aged potions back and some unaged. And you do this for week after week. At some point your aged potion will run out. But the unaged ones will just stack up in your chest. And it this time of doing all you grinding, raids and dungeon the possibility that the 3 items for the “potion againg assistant” drops is very high. And since not everyone needs that feature the one who has to use it will probably be supported by his guild members to make it even easier to get it.

1. why not with dram?

If you could buy one or more Item with dram it should be expensive since it gives you 5 stacks of aged or finely aged potions with a 100%, rate of not overaging.
But since you can just buy aged potions with dram it would make it a bit useless.

I can totally agree that its to rare and can be lower with tinkering or higher drop rates. But I dont want another 3 items that has no need for most people and only annoys them when droped.

Just … hire the goblin
For like 1 trickster token and 100k dram

You place potions in aging rack he stands next to it and they never over age … however takes twice as long to age everything

… assume he is drinking on the job.

Have him under the effects of Camelion or lantern 1% of the time you enter basement.

Have sunflower seeds occasionally near him…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.