Potions weigh way too much

potions weigh way too much. i figured its great because it limits how many you can steal from a community chest, but at the same time slows you down and limits your movement going to raids and dungeons when you carry enough for 3 rounds. plus the dragons are too heavy, and the fishing lures are way too heavy. if you could please adjust these so that i can always carry fishing lures for rain and doing long term missions like the legendary fish. it slows you down hugely to have to travel back make more lures and by the time you do that the rain has stopped and you have wasted all your time. im not trying to sound like a nag or that im complaining at all but if you weigh too much you have to toss something and i do not like that.

Well, correct me if I’m wrong, long-term players, but I see that how much each item in game takes in your inv is intentional. Our inv is pretty large compared to other MMOs, so this is how they limit what you bring. It makes you choose what you should or should not carry along with you.

So, anyway, we gotta return to our POH every once in a while. If you’re getting overencumbered too often, you can enlarge your limit using perk points and even more using pack mule pots.
As a last resort, if that happens while you’re in a raid/dungeon, you can ask for help to other players to carry some stuff for you.

i think what i was trying to accomplish here is, i need to have 3-5 strength pots and fishing scent attractors on me at all times, because i am an avid fisherman. when i get invited to raids i need one of each potion just for me, and no extras, plus runeagents and pet treats, and fishing lures, and it takes up a ton of space. i know i could increase it with perk points but its 1 weight per perk point, which is slow. also i know i could get someone else to carry my stuff, but i dont trust everyone i meet. all this stuff together slows me down hugely moving around following people.

1 Like

I totally understand, that’s a lot to carry around, that’s true. It’s really hard to have to come back home so often for reorganizing.

I’m not invited for raids so often, so please correct me if I’m wrong: usually when someone puts me in a group and say “let’s go raiding!”, they know that I should go home first to take my pots and eventually taking stuff off from inv. If most players did it that way, it would be easier to have pots and not having to carry them everywhere. I know that post won’t change how players play the game, and again, I haven’t been invited so often so I might be completely wrong.

For pet treats, I used to carry a lot with me too. I started saving some home as I never use more than 6 before having to go back home again. Usually I have 10-12 as someone else could need some and I can share.

Again, I totally understand that you need to carry more stuff around. We all play the game in different ways and we all have different needs. The message that I read in game for potions being the heaviest items ever is: before going in shards and raids, go home and prepare yourself. Not the way I’m telling anyone to do or the right way to do it. Just the way I read how this part of the game was developed.

1 Like

3-5 strength pots for fishing? That’s enough for 9-15 fishing pots. As an ex-avid fisherman, I don’t see the need. Currently #1 in fish weight and I’ve never carried around fishing pots or lures just in case it starts raining. You can plan for pretty much every legendary fish to some extent, which is what I’ve done. And for Jelmiry, i pretty much only use a pot if it’s just started raining, since then it’s gonna be raining for at least 30 min, which is more than enough time to go get everything and fish up 1 pot.
As for everything else you’ve mentioned, I pretty much only carry what I need for whatever I’m doing, in fact I’m usually in blue weight for the slight speed increase. Never had an issue with going back to the house to pick up stuff in-between doing things, as long as the player chest is organized it doesn’t take long to get what you need.

1 Like

last night a certain someone who’s name starts with a K and ends with an I brought the entire party a second set of pots (40 pots) and was completely fine. i don’t really see how traveling to raids and dungeons plays into it considering 3 raids can be accessed from your menu/highsteppe and 4 dungeons are in highsteppe. 4 potions (or less) shouldn’t limit much of anything unless you have your player chest strapped to your back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.