Pvp on quest issue

A major issue quest users face is not knowing if someone is in pvp from a distance because they show up as a blue sprite. The pcvr players can tell if your in pvp from a much farther distance. The way to fix this is simple. Change the non rendered sprite of pvp players from blue to red. This could help tell players on quest if someone is in pvp before they can be seen.

7 Likes

Is this a quest issue or a game issue?

Well the quest has a much smaller render distance compared to pcvr. This will help balance the pvp by letting us know if your in pvp before you render in. My current method is shoot first ask questions later because i have no idea if they are pvp or not.

What do you mean by letting us know?

Until players are pretty close to you on oculus quest they show up as blue ghosts with no indication if they have pvp enabled or not.

Does link fix that?
I mean either way that’s really stupid

Link literally makes the quest a pcvr headset, so yes.

Okay so what is the point of this being in suggestions? It doesn’t seem like Orbus can do much about it

Um orbus can change how it renders those players. Such as what I suggested of changing the blue sprite of pvp players to red. It is technically not a bug because it is how the program works so i am suggesting they change it.

4 Likes

Makes sense
I didn’t get what you were saying
Too many people complain about it and that would be a nice addition

It would be nice if the ‘render ghosts’ were red for PVP flagged players.

Most Quest users are already dead or dying by the time any other players render into their view.

To give all the PCVR payers an idea of the render distance:

On PCVR you can see people fishing on the other side of the lake.

On the Quest, there is nothing at that distance (not even a ‘render ghost’).

3 Likes

The red orbs would be nice. The whole player render distance should be more dynamic, the render distance should scale with the amount of players in someone’s radius. That would solve most the problem

Also geev pvp zone :pleading_face:

Hi, I believe the original suggestion (turning sprites to red) for Quest is something we had planned for the future - I don’t know exactly when that will go in though.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.