Quest 2 Oculus Link frame rate issue

I’m running my Quest 2 using Oculus Link. I’m using Oculus’ cable. My system has:
RTX 2080
i7 9th gen 9750 H
16 GB RAM and a SSD

Can be seen here.
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834271324?Item=N82E16834271324&Source=socialshare&cm_mmc=snc-social--sr--34-271-324-_-02202021

My issue is that my frame rate drops significantly at times. I’m running my headset at 90HZ. I’ve tried dropping settings from Ultra to Standard but still have the same issue. It seems to occur mostly in town, during community events, or on a mount moving quickly through an open space. No problem during a dungeon run. I was wondering what my settings should be in the NVIDIA control panel? Also, any other recommendations I can try?

Based on my hardware, I don’t think 90HZ or running Standard would be an issue. Using in game stats, my frame rate averages 89FPS, even on ultra. I’ve gotten as high as 115FPS. The issue is the drop to 40-50 and sometimes into the 10-20 range. I’m wondering if I need to tune the graphics card as it’s the standard RTX 2080 running in a laptop. Maybe I need to bump a setting. I know laptops typically have a different version GPU due to heat and battery concerns, but that’s not the case here. I’m thinking maybe the manufacturer lowered some settings in the control panel to aid battery life and heat. I’m not sure which settings I should verify.

1 Like

Hi, we’ve been investigating these sort of frame drops as we believe they have been occurring more recently. If you can, next time you play and have a major drop like this, send us your output log to [email protected] - you’ll find it in C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\LocalLow\Orbus Online, LLC\OrbusVR\output_log.txt

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.