Question for using oculus rift

I knew its working with rift and touch, but i would like to know is it working thru oculus SDK for rift and touch or thru openVR…

If its thru oculus SDK then I dont need to install steamVR as I dont want to install steamVR…

p.s. removed steamVR from my pc as its bugged like hell… I dont want it in my pc if could be avoided

Yep, it uses the Oculus SDK, you don’t need SteamVR installed anymore. We changed that around 2 or 3 tests ago.

1 Like

Thks for yr response…

The newest oculus sdk (1.19) has one new feature that may help the players with nvidia pascal gpu and rift headset to improve in-game playing experience…

“Octilinear rendering—Octilinear rendering implements NVIDIA Lens Matched Shading. You can enable octilinear rendering to improve the performance of your applications when they are executed on an NVIDIA GPU. Octilinear rendering is essentially a way to compress the screen buffers, so that about 20% less work is required to render each frame.”

hope u would take a look if have time. (don’t know how easy or compilcated to implement it to the current game engine )

Is that something the Devs implement or is it something Oculus users turn on? If so how?

Its on Dev’s job… players could do nothing about it if its not implemented by Dev…

There r many reasons for Devs to decide if switching it on or not… As a usual player, I don’t know how easy / complicated to make it happen or would it conflict to current game engine …etc. All of those need to be found out by Devs if gonna try to implement that feature…

I just point out there is a new feature which could be take a consideration if possible…