Question regarding dragon treat color breeding

Can I use multiple treats on one dragon in a single breed?

For instance:

Dragon A is fed 1 treat to retain black primary.

Dragon B is fed 1 treat for white secondary and 1 more treat for white spot.

Would Dragon B take both treats or would the second treat overwrite the first?

Wanted to ask before I tried the expensive experiment. C=

Each dragon can only have a single treat, but both dragons can have two treats as long as they don’t conflict. (IE: both primary treats, it’ll just be random)

1 Like

Tyvm for your reply! : ) I will get to it.

Can you look into the bonus trait treat, it can give you the same bonus trait as what is already on the dragon, with some bad RNG it can really suck for some people and give you the same trait multiple times, at 2k dram a pop it can add up quickly

Im personally kind of worried im going to spend a fortune for color. Imagine spending 8k To get primary and secondary… Now to get spot you spend 8k to retain primary and spot but lose your secondary…

how do the trait treats work, does it just give the dragon you feed it to more chance to pass its traits on or does whatever dragon you feed the treat to have a higher chance to pass on a recessive trait?
If Dragon A has black and white primary and is fed a primary treat does it have a higher chance of passing on the color black or does it just have more influence over the trait?

I’m going to @kyle_l for more details on this as I don’t really know all the inner workings of it :slight_smile:

The color trait treats will be a straight copy over. So if you feed one parent a primary treat, and that primary trait is [Green, Blue], the baby is guaranteed to have [Green, Blue] primary. The size treat isn’t like that though. The size treat will heavily influence the baby to be the size of which ever parent had that treat, but still has a small chance to be a different size.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.