Raid tokens should we spend them and to what?

So before the game closes I understood something about the transmogs coming back in reborn. But what we want to know is what is going to happen exactly. Should we buy all the transmogs now so you can use them later in reborn? Or can you obtain the transmogs in the future too? Which means you should not use raid tokens for transmogs but for efferescent shards…? Or are those shards also becoming useless? And what happens if you don’t spend the tokens at all before game shutdown?

I heard ppl will really not like if you will be able to get the transnogs in reborn without working for it in the normal game first.

2 Likes

Yea lots of work went into farming them, hardly anyone got all complete and yet they were supposed to be something special, like the Backer capes… but I remember posts stating different plans.

As for spending tokens, it is a little late for advise, I spent them all for transmogs and bought eff-shards with the rest. If gear comes back in reborn anyways, then I’d like an option to turn old gear into tokens again (and would buy the hm-pet with them instead :wink: )!

1 Like

The full transmog raid gear and the pet probably took me a few hundred hoers with a full group to get, and a few stacks of rade tokens purchess as my luck was rather bad with the drops.

Making it pointless is a bit of a slap to the face… I’m fine with the rest of the gear, be it shards or wilds beeing perchesable seeing as those drops wer full RNG, but the raid gear should be for those that fought for it. Especially as some people chose between the pet and the gear.

3 Likes

Exactly if it will be possible to get the transmog of the original orbus later in reborn it would be a slap right in the face, so many ppl really worked hard for that…

@Riley_D can we get clearity on this? The ppl thst didn’t do anything with their tokens yet only have tomorrow left to decide :cookie:

Since we haven’t sat down and planned this out, and I don’t want to say something that later ends being wrong, I can only commit to a few things publicly right now. Here’s what I know for sure:

• The capes from the Raid will never be able to be gotten again. That is the “slot” we consider the achievement slot for things like “proving I was there and did the original Raid.”
  • My guess is that the old transmog styles will be available to use in Reborn a while before there would be any content to get them in again. So while I can’t promise “you’ll never be able to get this raid style in Reborn”, I can say that there will likely be several months where those who already got it in the original Orbus are the only ones who are able to use it.
  • If we do end up bringing back the pets and armor styles as actual drops again, it would be as part of a retro event where we bring back the content that came with it. So for example, you’d be able to do the original Orbus raid again, which means you’d have to be able to achieve the same thing (complete that content) to earn the gear as you did in the original game.

So if you want to make absolutely sure you have access to that gear style, I would buy them now. It’s possible you could get it again in the future, but I don’t know when that will be, it will certainly be after it’s available to use, or it might be that it’s never available again, I just don’t know at this point.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.