Raids A little Unfair

Have to agree with ya here, I was in a pug group that made it all the way from raid boss 1 on normal to 5 with most people being pugs

1 Like

To be fair, the 10 man raids are very easy for the dps with a reception for boss 5… there are a few bells and a few things that need to be slowed, but in general you just hit a huge boss and jump some aoe’s.

I’d say squidy, tank keeper, and boss 5 are the bosses that require the dps to be alert at all times. The rest are just spell and arrow spamming and avoiding aoe.

Mistkeer can kind of and definitely boss 4 on expert can be added to that list as well, and as a dps other than that fights are pretty boring, u have nothing to do especially as a ranger

Was I tanking that one rich?

No Scott was and I tanked raid boss 1 and 4 with him

as a ranger though, i do wish that there were more things for me to do in a raid… it is pretty much just spam dps on every boss. no special mechanics other than ‘dodge the red’

Ah nice work dude!:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Thanks! 20characters

Stonecutters have been doing pugs for raids a few weeks now. We usually get all of normal and 2 of hard mode down. The group comp varies dramatically as well.

rangers only use 2 of there arrows ‘ever’, and the trap is unused. They’re just generally light on implementation and need more interesting stuff to mix it up.

WRT warriors messing up… it’s hugely magnified by bugs. Each raid I’ve been in where there are many wipes, some are turret glitches, some are people crashing, and many are warrior ‘my shield’s gone!’ or ‘I have the hitbox bug’. With 10 players each hitting some number of issues… a LOT of the raid wipes/restarts are purely glitch driven. If those weren’t there, it might be a lot better overall.

That’s a good point. Warriors are extremely subject to bugs due to the tight margins already imposed on the class. There are numerous ways to navigate the different bugs that come with experience which I’m sure all the top warriors are well practiced in. Still without those it would be much better. Hopefully these are the kinds of improvements we will see with the new systems in reborn. I imagine moving to all in house assets will help this enormously.

I haven’t played for a while unfortunately, but what was written above is all correct, playing as a warrior can be difficult and a single mistake can make the whole group wipe, while on the other side a missed arrow makes no difference. For some bosses where you have to keep performing for a long time, it can be really exhausting.

About the practice dummy for warriors, the only issue is that in a way every boss is unique, and if you want to be a good warrior, you need to get practice with every single boss, as also what Logan said, the placement of the shield can change with each boss too, so based on my experience, this can be one of the most common mistake tanks are making. Also for practicing, my personal opinion is that the best way is to solo non-shard potion keeper. It takes some time (roughly 20 minutes) but it teaches you how to concentrate for longer periods of times, how to manage shield health, you can even practice stunning just before tank buster, dodging AoE and such, so IMO that’s one of the best ways to practice

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.