Rainforest transport and truffle hogs

At the rainforest transport landing there are stairs that when you teleport down them, place you directly in the middle of a 4-6 truffle hog pack. As a ranger in this area, fighting 1-2 truffle hogs is doable… kinda, but its impossible to take on that many hogs at once, let alone, at such an immediate close range. Can you guys move the hogs back a ways so I have time to react?

4 Likes

Never noticed this lol.
Will check later, i mostly never use the transportship :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yeah, the first time I tried the transport ship, I was quite low level. I got off in the jungle and suffered a few deaths before I could figure out how to rush past those hogs in order to get back up the stairs.

Moving those hogs back would be a welcome change. However, I also know that reducing their number would be unwelcome as those are primary grinding material for level 8.

Yeah, this is bad mob placement.
Like, from a RP point of view, how did the hogs get around that side of the town? There’s definitely at least one guard (who can one-shot them) standing between the airship stairs and where the rest of the hogs are normally (on the other side of the graveyard). They didn’t wander through the middle of town and out.

1 Like

The old guard leaned an elbow on the railing he’d posted at near the edge of town, his gaze drifting lazily towards the shuddering foliage which signaled yet another family of truffle pigs nearing. As if the rain-rotted railing were a podium for dissertations, the guard licked his lips, the corners turning upwards in a grin as he gestured toward the distant scene,

“You think them pigs’re a nuisance, a danger even, but yeh just don’t unnerstand the benefits,” He muttered sagely, “Firstly, we like em dangerous. Keeps the rabble on the platform and out of town where them’s of us with real business and things to do can get em done without beggars around.”

He didn’t seem to see the irony in this statement as he re-adjusted what seemed to be a familiar pose, leaning heavily on the fence.

“And secondlymost,” He said, left eye narrowing, his voice lowering to a conspiratorial rumble, “Them truffles like the ground stirr’d up. You be leavin’ that ground to get pounded out by the rain, covered in palm seeds and rottin’ foliages, and the truffles stop growin’. They stop for good, unless you bring those orn’ry pigs back.”

He straightened at the sound of footsteps coming up the path from the town square, turning to spit unceremoniously into the sandy dirt at his feet as he realized it wasn’t any official but simply another adventurer. A warrior moved as if that same sand had made it’s way into every slit in his armour, his attention completely elsewhere as he passed them by and made his way into the dense jungle. The guard was silent as he watched the other man pass.

“Anyways,” The old guard resumed, “Ain’t nobody’s feelings gonna be hurt if you pop a couple hogs with that bow there, just don’t take mama and the kids, if you know what i’m sayin’.” His lips cracked into a smile then, an oily, greasy expression that somehow left Achan feeling like he needed it to rain and wash the sensation away. “Just don’t forget what ol’ Deadeye shared with ya with next time you’ve got a ham needs eating.”

9 Likes

@Achan – best reply on these forums! 10/10 would click LIKE again!

Jinx stepped off the airship and inhaled. Humid, warm; repulsive. He hated the jungles of Patraeyl and seemed to always have another pressing reason to come back here.
Peering over the edge of the cliff, he could see a foul animal at the bottom of the long wooden stairway at the ground level. A hog.
“Why don’t the guards ever, you know, do their job and guard the village from these violent beasts?” he thought to himself.
Before descending, he took a moment to draw a sideways hourglass in the air with his blessed rune wand. The tip of the wand exploded with magical sparks, and a ball of mint green light appeared, humming.

“The guards obviously aren’t around if they’re not keeping the path clear, so no one will notice me casting magic in broad daylight. And I don’t have time to waste fighting off these mindless animals.”

In a flash a violent, angry pig was transformed into a harmless, dazed chicken.

“Now, back to what’s important…”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.