Random disconnected by websocket errors

Well the world boss is not going in to a house or dungeon…

For sure it looks like based on the reports that most people experiencing this are from the EU, however, having a connection in the EU is likely not the cause but maybe the cause is something to do with the connection time required between places far from the server such as different locations within Europe.

I think involving the world boss into the disconnection problems is not the best example. This is because there are so many people at the same place at the same time, which just makes disconnects a common fact and might as well be something different entirely. But maybe not. Maybe this is part of the same disconnection problem, but I am guessing that is not the case. I always get disconnects on world bosses, that is why I am skeptic.

(We also still don’t know for sure if they are from US -_-)

Well, i’ve put Orbus on the shelf due to this exact issue and 56+ posts in the crashes/lags/freezes/disconnect thread. I’ve provided countless log files and tested many things to no avail.

Since i put orbus away i have ofcourse played many other online games, with servers based various places around the world. Not once have i been disconnected or had a bad connection to any of these games. And prior to getting orbus in the first place, it has generally been the same.

I disconnect or suffer from a bad connection extremely rarely. When it does happen, it is almost always on the server end, and often a temporary problem that the insert-name game i am playing are aware of at the time. Outside of that, i may lose or suffer from a bad connection due to my ISP maybe 2-4 times in a year. Each time, i can also read why that has happened on my ISPs info pages. I have had the same ISP for about 10 years, so yes, i know it is almost 100% stable.

So no, as far as i am concerned it definetely does not point to being an EU thing.

1 Like

Indeed… Not that being far away from the server (such as places in the EU) does not make difference. I believe there are more reports of EU places disconnecting because of this.

I am missing a link between all the arguments you just gave of this game having a lot of crash/disconnect issues and the conclusion of not being an EU thing -_-.

Are you from EU?

I have not disconnected once since I changed to the second connection months/weeks ago.

I am based near Detroit.

I am in the US, in Okla., and lately have been disconnecting constantly, esp when in dungeons. happens both in default and websocket.

K @KittyKatora
What type of disconnects?:

• Back to login screen and you can login again?
  • Back to login screen with lvl 0 character?
  • (Game closed completely?)

When?:

• In middle of fights/walking?
  • Or in transitions like exiting/entering the dungeon?

Yes we are US. Quinn also dc’d twice in the same desert dungeon.

1 Like

I get all three types of disconnects, most often its the lvl 0 character thing though. The when is frequent during fights and loading screens. Not as much when just walking around the world. going through portals/doors seems to trigger it sometimes as well, but not every time.

yeah getting spells also disappearing from my wand and massive delays between casting and releasing.

1 Like

Aaaaah okay

Thnx for reporting this so that we have more prove this doesn’t only happen in the EU. :slight_smile:

Edited from: “prove” to “more prove”

scott… Quinn and Johann get disconnects at all times. Not just zoning in. Its likely the same issue.

My spell lines disappear a lot and I get massive delays as well at times. It was worse yesterday than most. It’s been happening for a while. Also, been happening to other mages in our guild.

1 Like

Yes I noticed that too, spell lines disappear and delays…its been happening for a while for me too, but yesterday was without any words

Edit: the disconnect thingy started for me 11 days ago and its getting worse now, i noticed it the first time when himo and me had the disconnects at the same time

I think the key point here to consider is the difference between people who have been having problems for a long time (like Johann or Onde) and people who have only started having problems recently. It seems to me like the people in this thread who are reporting the issue only having started (or greatly increasing in severity) in the past 10-14 days are all from the EU area. That would certainly point to a common thread.

I have no idea why it would suddenly be happening, but I will reach out to our provider and see if there is anything they can tell us.

Something else you could do is do a tracert to game-direct.orbusvr.com and see what that tells us.

2 Likes

I have been having the problem for a looong time. But it has massively increased in severity the last few days.

done and sent. Thanks :smiley:

the spell line dissapearing sucks so bad… and the delays forced between casting also yeah :frowning:

ummmm… are we supose to click that link? cause I get nothing…

1 Like