Random Hangs/Crashes when loading into instances

Not sure when this began but it seems like it started maybe a month or more ago.

When entering an instance, there just seems to be a chance for the app to hang on loading resulting in a crash. This doesn’t happen all the time but it can happen quite frequently.

One of the most common offenders are:

1. Entering Desert Crypt dungeon
  2. Entering Maeo Sanctum dungeon
  3. Walking down desert crypt stairs (whatever this crash is)
  4. Entering raid instance

In anycase, its becoming more and more frequent since. I just overheard others talking about it in highsteppe so it must be more widespread than I thought.

1 Like

Very reproducible bug on my end, everytime I leave my house in highsteppe and re enter and leave again it bugs out, every maeos sanctum it seems like it crashes. Desert crypt has been more reliable recently but still happens occasionally.

I don’t have an output_log.txt on me but next time it happens i’ll save it. Last I remember looking through the output_log file it had something to do with GC pre processing, terrain loading, then GC running again and that’s where it stopped, idk if that helps or not.

This was making @Function crash everytime, he started going through backwards which stopped him from crashing for some reason

I actually had this bug happen to me again, and stepping behind the teleporter and walking through it backwards did not resolve the issue.

This is an issue we’re very much still looking to fix and we need everyone’s output_log.txt if you get the hangs or crashes like this.

Please send them to [email protected] and just mention which entrance you had the issue on.

You can find them for Oculus: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\orbus-online-llc-orbusvr\vrclient_Data\output_log.txt or on Steam at Steam\steamapps\common\OrbusVR\vrclient_Data\output_log.txt
Steam: Steam\steamapps\common\OrbusVR\vrclient_Data\output_log.txt

Thanks!

You guys should add a auto send output_log.txt opt in option on crash so you actually collect more logs.

And add a ingame feature to add a subject/description to each log file sent automatically, or manually send one via bug report.

Its not feasible to expect a % of a % of people on the forums for log collection long term.

@Riley_D

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.