Rate the Dungeon Bosses on Difficutly

Hey everyone, were looking for the communities feedback on the difficulty of the mechanics of the bosses! We are wanting you to rate each boss below based on their mechanics (Looking for feedback on their base mechanics, non-sharded as we know some bosses are harder then others with the shard mutations active). If you have never fought a boss in the list, you can just not answer for that specific boss, but answer for all that you can. We did not included 10 person raid bosses, or the bosses from the DLC. We will share the results once we close the polls and use this information on some upcoming content, Thanks!

If you forgot what some bosses look like, or their names, you can see many of them inside of Darius shop in Highsteppe

Lich King
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Dungeon Troll
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Mutated Rat
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Sewer Slime
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Chaos Purity
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Chaos Hunter
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Gorgon
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Minotaur
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Ancient Guardian
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Mist Keeper
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Dovregubben
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Scav Shaman
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Water Wyvern
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

King Kar’Nos
  • Extremely Challenging
  • Challenging
  • Average
  • Some Challenge
  • No challenge

0 voters

Are you not looking for dungeons in comparison between each as shard health/damage but ignoring the shard affixes? Because if you just look at it from the unsharded dungeon perspective, all the non lvl 30 dungeon bosses just burn in no time from the end game perspective. While almost all the mechanics do too little damage to care about their existence.

So I filled in the bosses based on which would be the most challenging on a high level shard without any of the affixes influencing the fights. Because there are enough fights were none of the shard affixes are doing anything to the boss fights themselves. So often you experience a boss fight where the shard affixes have no influence on them.

Its just: Hot Foot, Back Bug and Fatigued that REALLY influence boss fights. So almost no affixes.

(And for completeness sake: Dumbfounded, Indecisive, Strong Willed, Thick Skinned, Unprepared, Weakened and Difficult to Dodge that have a REALLY MINOR effect on the boss fights, often not noticed at all. As all but a few of them just make the fight take longer :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

For rankings unsharded, it’s probably going to depend on the level of the person responding to the survey. Lich King was a challenge unsharded before I was 30 but with 30+6 gear you can just go boop him to death as just a pally (mages burn him faster). Chaos Purity is also a decent opponent in sharded but without the pools of death everywhere due to a longer time to burn he’s cake.

Also depends on what class you are playing.

I can clarify a bit, I’m looking for feedback on the mechanics of the fights. The Lich king for example you have the mechanic where it shoots out the globes you must dodge in a circular pattern, which is one of the mechanics of that fight. So I guess I’m looking at feedback on which combination of current mechanics we have (based on each boss) do you find most challenging as a player as part of a dungeon group doing the fight. Not necessarily which one takes the longest to kill or requires the most DPS or can be burned down so quickly you don’t need to do the mechanics when your over-leveled, but which set of current mechanics combined together onto each boss is the most difficult to master/overcome/ complete.

4 Likes

Nice, I considered those points to vote. Well, I ended up voting on two bosses that I’ve never seen in my life and two other bosses that I’ve seen a few times - to give names, ancient temple and mines.

Some of the bosses as the sewer rat and other burn bosses are a little to easy even when tanking it on a 15. As a warrior tanking sewer rat i just sit with my sheild and let the musky heal me, while i provoke. just sitting in the posion. The boss has no mechanics and its to easy.

1 Like

Ah, but there’s a catch. On sewer rat we largely just ignore the mechanics. I don’t think it’s meant to be only the tank in the poison but that’s how we all do it. We work around having to actually deal with the mechanics. If we’re going to have mechanics, you shouldn’t be able to just pull the boss to an edge where the dps can hit him without having to observe the intended mechanics.

1 Like

An interesting thought this brings up. The mechanics by themselves are easy/manageable but together they create a complex fight.

Also with the complex fights why are some liked/disliked?
From my understanding Lich king is a generally liked challenging fight. each mechanic alone is ok but together makes the fight interesting. On the other hand King Kar’nos is generally disliked, the running in for rng bubbles, whilst dodging multiple floor aoes from two direction is tedious/stressful.

It makes me wonder why one works but the other doesn’t. Is it the RNG factor? Lich king is telegraphed to a pattern whilst Kar’nos is more random with bubbles. Is it because of the placement? Lich kings attacks all come from the boss or the floor aoe that is always directly below a player. While Kar’nos aoe comes from tentacles that are far from each other making it harder to see which direction just aoe’d.

1 Like

I actually prefer crab boi to the lich king.

My personal reason for disliking Kar’nos is the constant need to reposition, and the lack of time for DPS. Kar’nos’s AoE attacks is essentially Lich King if they happened every 3 seconds from multiple different points and had no open spots to dodge into.

Let’s be honest. How many of us really jump over Lich King’s death burst unless we are caught in a bad situation and are forced too? It’s got an open spot that the tank the rest of the party can communicate to cause the DPS to be safe from the attack. Furthermore, Lich king has pretty clearly defined cast bars indicating its going to happen, and occurs infrequently enough that while it’s deadly, it’s not so frequent that you need to constantly stop DPS and reposition.

Sometimes it honestly feels like you spend the whole fight looking at tentacles, jumping waves, collecting bubbles and barely getting a single shot off.

3 Likes

Just wanted to respond and say that this is good feedback, thanks.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.