Really need an extra character or 2 .. please

Hi. As post says really need another character or 2… especially if I’m limited to lvl20… and you still want me to come on to have fun… why limit to just 2 characters???

Your 1 character can be lvl 20 on all classes.

1 Like

That doesn’t explain why cap it at 2…
:frowning:

Another poster said not too long ago that he wished there was a 3rd character slot. His reasoning was bc he shares the vr with his family. He plays as well as his two sons. With only 2 characters, they had to share one character which is lame bc quests are one and done so someone misses out on the lore and story.

Same kind of thing here… me… my wife… and our 16 yr old…
But besides that theres not usually such a low character cap on games like these .
Just wondered if there was a great reason why… or if they WILL make it 3 or 4…
It’s gonna cross my mind everytime I see them post an update about future improvements and changes…

They talked (it was much time ago though) about being able to buy more character slots, but if that’s still the plan it won’t be until they add an in-game store.

That would suit me perfect :slight_smile: thank you :slight_smile:

They should put a shared chest in the player house so you can share things between alt accounts.

2 Likes

NOOOOOOO Not Micro-transactions for content… a 3rd character is technically game content and putting that behind a pay wall is the scummiest of scumbag moves! I’ll boycott this game in an instant if that shit ever comes into it.
I’m completely okay with micro transactions for visuals, transmogs, dyes etc as long as its strictly visual. It’s a nice way for people to willingly support the creators without hurting the gameplay for others.
Don’t forget this game isn’t a free to play MMO it’s a buy to play, if you’re gonna make me pay for your game, and then pay again to get the most out of the game then I would abandon supporting the game and demand a refund immediately. Gamers need to start putting their foot down on shit like that and letting developers know it shouldn’t be tolerated. Whoever said they’d be willing to pay for a character slot is part of the problem. You already payed them for the game, you shouldn’t have to pay more just to play it as expected.

1 Like

Yes… I totally agree… I guess I was saying Yaya to it coming… NOT it being and extra added price . :slight_smile:

Yeah, this is a paid game, but you’re still playing online for free on servers they host. You’re not paying a monthly subscription like you are on WoW, and you bought the game with that limit already in place. I’m all for limiting micro-transactions, but you’re given the full game, and even an extra character, for the initial price. This isn’t something that you need to play “as expected”.

2 Likes

I really don’t see at as being “GIVEN” an extra character… considering the history of MMO’s most allowing for quite large numbers of player characters, I see it more as you’re blocked from accessing more than 2 characters.
ESO is now buy to play, they don’t require payment for more character slots. Same with Guild Wars 2, which I actually think is free to play now, not even buy to play.
The game is going to be compared and reviewed in relation to other games in the same genre, so it’s best to learn what pros and cons made those other games get their player base and try to mimic the pros and avoid the cons. One major Con in any game being anything non-cosmetic being behind a micro-transaction. Player slots are non-cosmetic.

However if the Orbus team were to make an expansion increasing the level cap to 30 and adding new quests, areas, dungeons and raids I would be more than happy to pay for that content, since they actually put REAL work into it. Adding a 3rd player slot would not require any real amount of effort on the teams behalf that would justify someone paying for it. That’s the equivalent to paying extra for extra lettuce on your burger… lettuce isn’t worth charging more for…

I see your point… however, those games aren’t in VR and some of those popular games did start out as pay to play. And to this day ESO technically forces you to pay for ESO plus for the bag storage. And SWTOR you also needed to be a subscriber to have more character slots. And wow is still monthly subscription fees just to play past level 20. Soooo where I see the point about effort to add another slot I also see the devs potential to make money to support the game by charging for more slots… or cosmetic enhancements. Also the devs did say that the money they got from launch until now they have re-invested into the game by building the dev team up. And thus creating more content.

So to me it sounds like they want some form of revenue but understand subscription isn’t the way to go therefore extra non gameplay enhancing content is their direction.

1 Like

I just know it’s 100% possible to create a game with Micro-transactions that don’t effect gameplay and still make a killing in profits.
League of Legends is a prime example of that business model.
Champions and rune pages which are gameplay related can be bought with in-game currency that you earn by playing. But skins, emotes and chroma packs (Which are strictly visual) are paid for with real money.
This makes it so people can pay to support the game as much as they choose, while also getting some personal value from it, and simultaneously not adversely effecting the game for other players who are not willing or not able to pay the extra fees.

My biggest concern with payed for character slots on a buy to play game is the family situation, people with more than 2 kids, or gamer couples who both play, and their child does too… These people would be forced to spend more just so they could each enjoy the game… That just seems like total crap to me.

I actually miss the “old school subscription model”. I know for most mmorpgs these days (or the market for them) are long gone - sort of. However, what a subscription model added to mmorpgs were two very important things:

• security for the developers, having a steady income on top of sales to use for salaries, upkeep and development
  • security for the players, as they knew that if the developers did not deliver on their promises, going “away” would directly hurt their business model

That being said, the old school model was usually rather high monthly fees of anything from 10 to 30 dollars a month. Which for some isn’t a lot, but for others may be the difference between coming or going. Today, having a fair bit of mmorpg history behind us we know about many models that have both succeeded and failed. As far as i can see there are no rules against combining past good models, which could f ex be say cosmetic only microtransacions which is generally accepted as a good model by everyone, with f ex a low monthly fee of 1-5 dollars f ex. Heck, one such thing could even be divided into cosmetic tiers as well, or perhaps be a voluntary support-your-devs plan.

Plenty of options there to “opt into” the two benefits i listed above for all parties.

1 Like

If the Developers didn’t care they would keep the system as is. Which at the moment if you want to be able to access more than two player avatars with their information saved in game you have to buy another license for the game, or buy it on another Steam account.

I would be even okay with the them charging $20 per character slot, since at this current moment that is what you get. Since you can’t have character creation be unlimited, run into space issues and maybe bugs, there has to be a cap somewhere. Right now it is at two, however a good portion of the populationn may need more than two character slots. The way around this right now is buying another license. The Dev’s are just trying to make it easier on those people by allowing them to get more character slots in the game without having to jump hoops of creating and managing more Steam accounts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.