Reasoning behind the stack limit?

I am questioning the logic behind the stack limit of 99 in this game. Why would you not be allowed to have (as example) more than 99 sunfish in your chest or inventory?

Also, a big positive point of removing the stack limit would be increasing the available storage slots.

I came up with the following thoughts about choosing for the stack limit:
Reason: You make someone too overpowered for letting them carry this much items like potions with them.
Response: You already have a weight limit, and 99 healing potions would be an overkill anyway…

Reason: The game tries to force you to use the items instead of gather them.
Response: This is the only reason I can come up with that seems legit. But still I feel like this is not a necessary thing. Saving up is not a bad thing on itself. And enough games don’t have stack limits and it works for them.

Anyone else with an argument for why this is the case? Or maybe one of the devs are allowed to tell why they decided to implement a limit?

I think that came about before we had weight limits. There is something to be said for keeping the stacks set at 99 in the storage chest to prevent people from storing way too much of the same thing (e.g. stockpiling 10,000 Healing Potions and crashing the market)…but certainly it might be worth increasing it past 99. We will talk about that internally. We are planning on having a feature to increase the size of the storage chest as well soon.

6 Likes

Glad to hear this. Just curious if it would be possible to elaborate on what type of time frame you are thinking. (days,weeks, months, etc) I’m struggling and need more storage badly.

3 Likes

Definitely weeks not months.

6 Likes

So… Will a guild chest be coming with this as well? I’m sure everyone would love one :wink:
@Riley_D

6 Likes

Yes please ! :smiley: Talking about convenience, this is high on the list I think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.