Reborn Beta 4: Patch Notes

any chance you could make them one time per class? it is really hard to level all the beta classes without quests.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m misunderstanding it. Does it only work for your next spell or does it work off a specified time for all spells?

1 Like

15 successful spells? it is just 2 runes to cast and it doubles your dps temporarily. Sure you can only cast it once every 15 spells, but i cant tell how this would decrease your dps.

I’m even assuming if you can cast your 15 spells fast enough , you could probably keep this buff up indefinitely.

1 Like

Oh I see. Well we increased the XP you get from monster kills, you get more XP from failed Public Events now, and we increased the XP bonus you get while leveling Disciplines less than your highest-level one. So it should be much better anyway.

3 Likes

It lasts currently 8 seconds I believe (although subject to change obviously). It’s definitely a DPS boost.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be a dps increase, I was reading it wrong, thought it implied just your next spell. Hard to read from phone.

1 Like

Taking into account the two runes you have to draw to cast the ritual before getting Triplicity a high-end mage should still be able to net an extra couple spell’s worth of damage out of it. It’s definitely a talent that scales with your proficiency though so give it a look when you have some hard numbers and let us know what you think. Overall balancing for the classes hasn’t happened yet so I’d love the feedback before going into that.

I don’t believe this is possible with how the talent works right now. If it is, definitely let us know.

1 Like

i would say it depends on whether or not there is a bug that makes it so that the mirrored spells count as casted spells for the sake of casting the mirror spell again.

1 Like

Very exciting stuff! There are soooo many quality of life improvements and fixes in there! You all have been crazy hard at work. Looking forward to the beta tomorrow for sure!

2 Likes

As of right now your successful spell streak doesn’t start counting again until Triplicity is finished. So you get 15 successful casts, cast like mad for 8 seconds to maximize DPS, then once the effect ends you start building another 15 casts with your normal rotation.

3 Likes

that makes it significantly weaker than i thought. i was thinking at the very least that it would have 50% uptime for the best mages.

1 Like

Well, as stated, at this point nothing is balanced and we’re just getting the mechanics in. The damage multiplier per spell that is cast may end up changing, the duration of the buff, etc. At this point I would say feel free to test it out this weekend and give feedback after you’ve played around with it.

3 Likes

Based on numbers over a 5 minute fight, and calculating each extra spell being 66% dmg of the full version (won’t know actual until test) it is a 13-17% increase in dps which is pretty significant increase.

1 Like

Really glad to hear it, i always hated my arrows going through players half the time, i hope this will finally fix it!

3 Likes

The download for tomorrow’s Beta is now available:

https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/RebornLauncher-2.60.zip

See you then!

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: World PvP Feedback/Bugs

There will be a new patch coming out this morning in around 30 minutes which has a fix that should fix a proximity voice chat issue where the voice chat wasn’t working until you talked into your Player Compass at least once (even if you weren’t in a party), as well as a fix for some last-minute bugs that were causing issues with tools on player belts.

2 Likes

The new patch is available now. Thanks!

https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/RebornLauncher-2.61.zip

2 Likes

since we can now buy the beginner gear for a class, are we allowed to toss the beginner gear now?

2 Likes

The server is now live! Enjoy!

1 Like