Reborn isn't for me

i forgot to add rare fish to my graph… right now they somewhere around 30/100 on my arbitrarily created graph i think.

That 30-100 gap still exists though.

The stuff you get from chests is still going to have some value, just a lot less than og and other items that you don’t get from the chests are going to rise in value.

1 Like

Rotten fingers and bloody flesh are actually fairly common if you kill wasteland bears. Its the small tooth thats rare.

Okay so maybe like 10/100 in rarity?

They’re actually a bit more annoying to farm now than they were in OG orbus IMO

3 Likes

Sick, buy them some more servers and pay a few employees salaries so they can oversee it as well.

1 Like

I hardly think that would be the case. But why would you care? Wouldn’t affect you. You would still have your hardcore server. Sorry I just didn’t realize this was what orbus reborn was going for. If I’d known that I probably wouldn’t have bought it.

it would heavily affect me because the playerbase isn’t that large so splitting it over two servers would not be a good idea. and it wouldn’t take long before the second server is just like the first one anyway. long term it’s going to be the exact same thing

2 Likes

Best and most popular solution I guess is to just take leveling away and just have battlegrounds and raid stuff I guess. Then no one would be burdened with the week long “tutorial”

Such a Salty Steave.

The playing field is pritty much reset. Got about 100000 dram when leveling 1-30 on my paladin, that was equal to all my gold from old orbus.

Basicly every stack of mats I had have bin tripled my dies cover a page, and my old gear is all worthless.

Not to mention levelling goes at a fraction of the time in reborn, took me weeks to get my first 20 in the original, now I went from 1-30 in a day.

All I have to show for my 1000h playtime is a few cool pets. So stop begging for a world end and go play the game instead. It’s not hard to catch up.

7 Likes

Wait what… let me up my potion prices :smiley:

I haven’t found this to be the case, might be because I keep everything except for gear

I keep everything as well, and I definitely got 100k from 1-30 on my first character cuz of all the dram from quest turn ins. I’m back where I started when reborn began, but with that 7th home tab.

I miss old orbus but also appreciate a lot of the changes. The world has changed so much from before and I’m sure it will continue to do so…

1. Have you done any of the lore quests? I find them amazing. Also wandering around and finding peoples weird diaries everywhere is pretty awesome. I like how you slowly get pieces of the puzzle about whats happened since olds orbus. I only wish you could somehow compile all the lore you’ve read in one place.

2. Agreed, I wish there were also dungeons spread out in the world like old orbus but also in the old orbus it was harder to get people together for dungs because they were so spread out. Maybe a compromise would be having the ones they have now at Highsteppe and making others hidden in the world. The runes should definitely be spread out discovery and exploration are one of the things i love the most about this game. Again the lore quests cause you to wander around quite a bit and find weird items and npcs in the world but yeah it still isn’t like the old days. My main gripe is the lack of mob variation i miss the wyverns and orcs of old orbus. Hope the world gets populated with more of a variety but also i feel like the mechanics are better with the mobs now.(don’t bring back spiders, i don’t miss dying form poison XD)

3.) I fully agree with this sentiment but at the same time the game has changed so much since old orbus and it will probably change and grow even more hopefully!

3 Likes

I love the lore quests so much but a lot of people don’t really know they exist. the story is soooooo good and causes you to explore so much

I say ditch chest pots. I think it would be cool to make alchemy and gathering something you have to level thus making production harder and creating something for the player to work towards.

1 Like

You seem to explore a dead and empty world. The art is cool but there are very few people out of highsteppe to talk to and like one camp that is a public event. Old orbus had other towns and even if some were pretty pointless there were new towns to explore. In new orbus the devs seem to want everything to be centralized in highsteppe. That is their choice but I do know many players who loved going out into the world to do whatever and could walk or teleport.

I feel like this centralized missions and centralized everything stems from old quests from original orbus were mostly fetch quests in which the player had to run around a lot and necropolar where people had to walk to raids farther away. The lore quests make you go out there but you get them in Highsteppe always.

Even the dungeons are all in the same spot, they could at least be in certain areas of the town but not outside if they want this centralized idea.

Oh god please no, creating pots is already tedious enough, if I can’t make a potion because the colors are slower or even locking me out of a recipe because I am a lower level that would be a horrible thing. I will use a quote I was going to use but did not on someone else’s previous post

I am amusing when you say 50x of the x5 you mean like 50x of the regular created successfully. You get 50 pots from the first one, then you get 250 more. You get 300 potions that you will age and then use on shards. A non top tier likely won’t run out of these pots when they are aged. They will probably last until the raids or even later!

Slowing the process down would be just plain bad for most people, a lot of us don’t have the time to spend too long on making pots. Many find making potions just tedious and not fun at all. Locking recipes like I described above can only cause mass stocks in the end.

Yes its a general xp thing so you could argue that just making healing pots over and over you would hit 30. But again its tedious and boring. I could be doing shards, questing, slaying monsters for fishing lure parts, or I could spend a couple hours making healing pots to get to level 30 and not have a pot making hindrance.

If this was implemented I would probably stop making pots due to how tedious this system would be and I would just buy the pots.

4 Likes

I agree with everything you said Richleth. well said!

That is the point. Right now it is easy for everyone to get everything. It would be nice if some players were potion masters, while others were harvesting and fishing masters. Not have everyone be everything. This would force trade more.

1 Like

You mentioned “hidden quest and things like that.” And continues to say “some of that is in and as far as I know just has not yet been discovered” so Can we all get a confirmation on this that there is a hidden quest currently implemented in game and to your knowledge no one has found it? As in we can go look for it right this second and find it. I know this seems like a dumb question I’m just looking for reassurance.

2 Likes