Reborn isn't for me

Hulthines and the Wastelands are indeed very unique and refreshing

Hulthines in particular, especially with the fishing, its a whole new experience, love it

3 Likes

Look how many problems with reborn. I feel we were/are better off with OG Orbus.

4 Likes

Patience my friend!

1 Like

I think it boils down to the fact that the orbus dev team made a lot of positive changes for reborn, but any time you introduce a bunch of changes, you usually end up introducing a bunch of bugs. I’ve heard a lot of good feedback about reborn (performance, new classes, QoL), and the bad feedback usually comes down to bugs - but that will take time to fix. I think a lot of people are speaking with a nostalgic point of view, but for what I can tell, people would not be super interested in going back to vanilla because they played as much of it as they were going to.

5 Likes

If they spent as much time fixing and adding to vanilla orbus people would have been happier. Move the level cap to 30 open up a new different raid and new areas. People would have paid for it as an expansion even. They should have took the time and finish reborn before they took away our old game.

1 Like

I havent found reborn to have many problems.
I think it has better graphics, better mechanics, and is generally more fun.
plus, another reason that they didnt just upgrade old orbus is because when they were starting out they were mostly using unity store assets, and if you have any basic understanding, It is difficult to upgrade or build upon store assets, so in this game they are putting in much more effort and hand crafting almost everything you see, I also noticed you have complained about the economy.
people are still buying potions and fish, people just haven’t figured out how much everything is worth with the new amounts of dram you receive.
this is still a new game, its best to let them iron out the bugs, this game is probably less glitchy than old orbus anyway.
I miss the old game too, but this is a welcome change

8 Likes

I’m playing this game since the beginning and I dont even know where to start, I miss the old game, of course the old game was waaayyyy not perfect but the atmosphere was way better.

I remember the beginning, I was playing in a small group and when we found a new place or even a dungeon, that was sooo cool. Or what’s this? A new spell stone, nice, let’s practice it! You could do the Main quest solo and sometimes you got stuck, because the mobs were too strong, so you got a group and were like “can you help me to get the Bones where the Spiders are, they are soo strong, otherwise I have to grind and grinding as Musky…”, or the quest behind the high grass, so we went there, and got the quest together done.There were also a few more quests which took time, like to find the 10(?) Cubes and such…
And now? Now you just do a few events/dragons races/ kill beginner mobs, not even left the Highsteppe area and have a lot of golden missions.
You turn them in and suddenly you are lvl 15, and you still have not a single idea how to play that class.

Because now you just go to a npc and get all the weapons. I remember how many ppl I helped to get their wand. I even remember I started to play mage 1000h+ ago, how many times I died to little spiders in lamavora, because i was not able/fast enough to kill these. And now? Just go there and get a Wand, look up (all) the Spells next to the Guild Hall, do some missions and you’re a lv 30 mage.
Or just even get a gun and just pewpew press trigger and you do the same damage as a mage with hours of practice. Which really annoys me, I’m not saying scoundrel is a class without skill but you cant compare it with a mage.

My main classes were musky and mage. I still love to be a musky, but when and for what? You can bring a bing bong bard and you’re fine no wait its even better. Hopefully there will be some boss mechanics which requires a musky. Like mistkeeper, I miss her/him/it xD, that was challenging.

I kinda miss the wilds, it was fun, to go in a group there and kill the mob groups, to get rare items, and now? You just ran solo through the world, ran into a group of mobs as a lv 30, pick up the flowers and just go away, they not going to kill you.

The world feels soooo damn empty, I miss the old World with little villages and people all around. I mean ya I get the world has changed after all the years, but come on, theres 1 (?) Npc in lamavora, at the mine. Are there only living not even 30ppl in the world? Ya I know I’m talking here about world decoration, but you could also add little quests to them. Or even let these npc give you the weekly quests.
I also miss the annoying flowers of lamavora, where everyone was going to low graphics, to get a bit less flowers xD, but it was nice, now they are gone.
Same for frosted spit, except for the quest, frosted spit was kinda useless, but it was nice looking, and we kept joking, that we should do a journey to frosted spit (which we really did at the last orbus day)
The airship was nice, it was flying around, I mean nobody really used it because it took 3 years xD but that was cool.
I also really miss the player stalls, I liked to look up all the stalls everyday!
There was also the hunt for the hidden orbus signs, that was a loooot of fun!!

Also a big big disappointment, I really liked how the main quest was in old orbus, ya I’m doing the lore quests, but it feels meh. Also it needs to be way more obvious that there is a lore quest at the npcs. Many people dont know that.

Sometimes I just walked from Highsteppe to the Desert to kill some Ifrits for some Salmon Dye, because it was nice, now I’m only going to a Stone, click, teleport, go to do the mission, most of the times I go for kill missions, kill the few which needed and teleport home, turn the quest in, done. I mean yea that keeps me busy but really fun? Meh
I liked to kill some sheep’s to let this black monster spawn to get the dye from it, such little things.

I liked it to see at least a bit of the world in between of the dungeon runs, because you had to walk to the dungeons, now you just go down a ramp pick up one of four balls, that breaks for me at least the immersion.

Theres also the thing, about the gear atm, for non hardcore endgame content groups theres no reason really to do a lv 5 or 6, because they can do a lv4 and get +2gear, I talked to a small guild, and they said the same, why should they even go for a 6 which is harder than a 4, when they just can go and do a 4 for the same gear. I remember the beginning of the shards how cool it was wow a lvl 4 wand and we got a lv5 shard and then a bit later you got a lv 5 wand. I dont really get why it changed from the old system to this +1 system.

There also a lot of positive changes like the better performance, the events, the dragon races in general (even if I dont like them), the selfie bot sooo much fun, the Mission npc transmogs, and of course we all hunting and hoping for the super rare transmog drops, but I rather would have liked to see the old orbus remade as close as possible plus all these new features.
I liked to just sit around in Highsteppe even without something to do, but now that feeling is totally gone.
And as airis said really a lot of the orbus magic is gone at least for me.

In my option the bonus chest with potions should stay, I mean if you do a raid and/or shards only the potions from the shard chests are not enough anyway, and it was mostly the reason to even do Lowlvl shards for us at all. And not all players going for all lvl shard runs to get all potions daily, dont forget that.
In my option we dont need at every event a chest, or just change the content of these chests. Btw why do I have, like everyone else, 1 stack of red, what’s the name brick?, and 1 stack of brownishred, why always these 2, oh ya and dont forget teal…
For me as an example I’ll never going to fish and make potions at all, so ill buy them or we will create them with a team, but I agree with metris, yes atm we have enough materials but we should wait until the game is longer up and see

10 Likes

Well said! I was thinking about how fun it was collecting flowers in Lucian today on the way to work. The magic is gone out of Orbus.

1 Like

I share some concerns, specially the need for more quests, and spreadout tasks throughout the world.

Just for this one point, as a member of a small guild actually the opposite happened to us. There is a huge drive to get to the next “step”, suddenly. The lvl 3 gear was not that much different from lvl 4 before, we idled around doing lowest shards, continously taking in new players to practice with, for quite a while, progression felt not very urgent.

Now in Reborn the lvl 4 shard, however, is a milestone everyone wants to reach, badly, because this gear is way better. In my impression there’s much more focus on leveling the lower shards - and practicing all - to get there, since people don’t need +1 gear anymore. It is very new that people even stay past their bedtime because we just leveled a doable 4, and thus reached the milestone, for the daily guaranteed.

Right now we do lvl 4s mainly to gear people up, true, a higher would be harder. But it is much slower already than going to +1. And as soon as we are strong enough, like, everyone got his or her +2 weapon at least, the next step will be aiming at a lvl 7 - and consequently trying to level everything in between, because higher shards only come from lower. Not sure what happens in case we hit a wall there, that can be, but I don’t think the current ‘stepped gear’ progression is a bad thing or demotivating from leveling any other shards; except that mentioned guild really wants to stop at +2, but I doubt that.

I would like to see more different styles rather than a return of the smoother curve of gear upgrades.

2 Likes

I agree with most of the things you said, more story, more villages, more people.
I also don’t like the shard gear system.
and I miss the flowers too.
lets give the game time to grow and we will see where we end up

I remember playing the original alpha and doing the quest to get your wand, so much fun to find the cave and then learn the spells! Also, the first time I had to walk up those steps to the forest where the bandits were or whatever they are, near the lake with the crab things. Such a feeling of danger, exploration. I totally agree with everything you’re saying. I got level 7 in reborn without even trying and having no idea what I was doing in a ridiculously short period of time (less than 2 hours). I know Reborn is supposed to be a new take on the MMO, but as you say the ‘magic’ of exploration and meaning of the world feels like it’s missing.

4 Likes

I agree with everything @AcaviGER said in her post. It almost seems like the game moved toward a more rec-room feel vs an MMO.

6 Likes

Droost have you one the lore quests for all the characters? A few of those have got me exploring all over the world three times over.

Hmm, probably not all? I’ve done what I can at level 7, so far I haven’t been sent out of Highstep for a ‘…’ quest. I also don’t get anything demonstrable from them so far, no XP no gear, etc. just ‘rep’ which I haven’t seen a benefit for yet either.

1 Like

You have been doing only the main quest. You prob want to start the side quests. Go and wave at the guys with icons over their heads.it will open a menu with available quests.

I was just responding to his Story quest question. As for gear/xp: I’ve been doing Darius’s quests for go kill X at Y and I get caches.

Yeah man so every NPC has a chain of story quests that involve exploring the world. The little speech bubble in the menu for each NPC is how you access those.

1 Like

I feel like OrbusVR Reborn is in a really good state right now. I know that the spark is gone. However I think that with the centralizing of the game and cleaning etc. they have created a good foundation.
From here on they can introduce different zones one by one with magical and lively moments. These zones could contain entrances for the dungeons etc. and have new npcs who survived and formed groups. All of the groups in every zone could vary because they are most likely different from each other due to the different environmental influences. Maybe they will bring back the old zones with new “live”. This could mean that the place would be embedded in the new art style and have old spots and villagers redone. This would also create some nostalgia.
Of course this will take some time but in general I think that everything will be better in the future.
As long as they acknowledge that OrbusVR is loved because of the atmosphere it creates and the fighting. So instead of introducing new class they should work on that. For this to be done we should not pressure the developers to make rushed decisions. But we can give Tipps and constructive criticism.

(Sorry for my English.)

6 Likes

I was just watching a video of people fighting cactaurs and having fun. People seemed happier back then.

1 Like

It is good to see the updates and fixes.