Reborn isn't for me

Problem is the game is no longer labeled early access, so any new player coming into the game thinks this is the final product

2 Likes

Well it’s an MMORPG, the point is the game unfolds over time as we play. The genre is subject to content patches and expansions as a norm.

1 Like

But not near daily updates

I wish they finished reborn more before taking the original game away.

2 Likes

Weekly is very common aswell, in terms of bug fixes, balancing and minor updates

I miss the planning. Killing of mobs before they reached you, picking out the level of your targets, and having a goal:
When I’m higher level I’m going to the frosted spit.
Just a few more levels and I can kill bishop Roma.
Grind a little more and I can get to the kings bones.

Now you just do everything everywhere. The lore quest aren’t even gathered in your Journal, and there is no way to take notes. There are public events everywhere, but they kind of lack a story. It’s basicly a bunch of mini games in a open world.

I want proper lore quest, with diolog written down in your compass book so I can reread the clues and backtrack earlier parts for missed info. Preferably with your own notes .

I want found clues and books to be orginised and gathered in your library, so you can read the split parts in order.

I want to to have dialog around the events, with mission statements why you do the things you do.

I want the donkeycarts back. I want the flyable airship back. I want slow enemies back. I want sheep that turn into deamons, and chickens and goats. Trees around the kingsweetis, palm trees around the coconuts, dungeons out in the world to explore.
I want things to make sence not just random stuff.

Everything now is a open world with mini games. Dungeons are gathered in a spot.

I’m not seeing the RPG part any more, and the game has lost its magic for me.

9 Likes

Completely agree with this one. Rpg games should be more of a "go out and kill stuff, grind for some loot and rare items (please bring back blue items) for an hour or do some quests around the world while you are at it. All of the quests had a story behind it like “a traveler has dissaperared and you need to go follow the clues in order to find him” or “go out and find and kill this person to recruit the Brotherhood to your cause”.

People didn’t always do the quests for the story, but it was nice to see a uniqueness in every quest that was made. Lore quests are cool, but there is no real reason to do these besides a story, so they are pretty much like reading a book or watching a movie. They don’t really advance your character and the “missions” that people do to level are like “there are birds in the lamavora, go catch them” and then you use mission credits and again the quest is “there are birds in the basin, go catch them”.

There isn’t really a point to any of it besides getting xp, so it’s more of a mini game rush until you hit level 30 with catching birds, keep enemies out of the ring, throw fish into a boat, ect. You never really know why you are doing it and there is kinda a blandness about it, you always know what to expect because there isn’t really anything else cooked in there.

It used to be so fun to go out and find a party in order to kill big creatures like the big stag thing or have that sense of accomplishment when you find a strange portal in the jungle. There isn’t that sense of shock when you see “What the hell is that thing it just exploded out of a sheep wtf” then, you go find a party and kill that boi and reap the rare fishing rewards at the end.

There is no rare monsters with aoe attacks in the wild and even if there was, you never need to kill them because any loot is useless because you will be the next level in an hour, any recouces are useless because quests give you more, and any xp is useless because quests give you more. You will never find portals scattered around the world or have to carefully plan how and what mobs you will kill in the lamavora in order to kill mobs much higher level than you. The game at this point is do mini games until level 30 and then do shards until raids come out, it doesn’t have that sense of exploration or surprise that would happen when you walked through a waterfall and found a strange dungeon thing that has mobs that one shot you.

3 Likes

Wait, is it really true that there’s only one town now?

The main thing that made me quit OG Orbus was how little there was to do. I was hooked at the start with all the quests where you were helping people and stumbling on the witch for the wand was seriously one of my most memorable moments in gaming. But after the initial joy of Highsteppe everything else was just kind of a wasteland. Sure there was a big city but it was pretty much lifeless. Sure there were all these different zones but they were just mob killing zones. It felt like a terrible grindy Korean MMO but with less character. When I logged back onto Orbus Reborn I was seriously impressed by how much more there was to do in Highsteppe and was seriously looking forward to exploring other towns and meeting new NPCs. But you are telling me this is it? Just one town and no real story or worldbuilding to speak of? That’s incredibly disappointing…

I really hope that gets changed soon. An MMO without lore and NPCs can hardly be called a proper MMO. If I just want to grind out mobs I’ll play a looter shooter.

2 Likes

i hate to repost this again but I keep seeing these threads… Yes there is a big gap of rarity that needs covering in the game… Currently there are only easy to obtain items in the overworld (herbs, ores, most dyes) and extremely rare RNG to obtain items (cat ears, wings, etc). The gap in the middle needs covering.

Asides from my cheeky graphs, I believe that Riley already mentioned in another post that he ‘hopes’ the June 11th patch will have some juicy goodies that will cover this…

2 Likes

I feel like the dev. aren’t sure what demographics they are trying to cater to. They need to figure that out. Because what I’m hearing here is that some players want rpg + immersivness and others want to grind and others want to play really fast with focus on fighting

1 Like

If we have exploration, it’s perfect for me. The best thing would be to find dungeons during the exploration, with recipes or special items to find. Of course, we would have to be with someone to do this content. (it’s an mmo, right?)

Well if you want a truly successful MMO you kinda need to cater to all of those. You need a strong story and solid world to draw in the explorers, you need epic loot and rare materials to satisfy looters/economists, and you need challenging combat encounters and end game content to keep the achievers happy. Ideally you don’t choose “which demographic to cater to” as all three are necessary to keeping an active player base.

As it stands right now I am really having a lot of fun with the mechanics of the combat. Bard is a lot of fun even if the hit detection on the marimba keys is a little wonky. The only major gripe I have with the game at this point as essentially a brand new player is that the world seems a little empty. For example, I wound up taking around an hour waiting to complete a starting quest last night because the enemies were not spawning even remotely fast enough and I was by myself. I cleared out one massive patch of them which didn’t even bring me up to bronze an then just stood in an open field for 5 minutes at a time waiting to vaporize one enemy until it finally got to gold completion. Once two more people showed up with the same quest the problem only worsened.

3 Likes

The Inuinu Chasm Horde mission was the only one i had respawn issues with. But that one definitely was a bit of a waiting game for respawns.

Did you mage AOE them all? Basically any other class that I’ve tried those on you can’t kill them as fast as they respawn

While watching random videos on YouTube, randomly this popped up https://youtu.be/Cec7aYs_MkQ
Ohhh old orbus :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I miss those dragon enemies

1 Like

I forgot how the grass and other follieage made the map feel less flat and lifeless. And forgot about the nice atmospheric blowing sand shader. I know they were making Reborne with performance in mind, but think it went too far. Just having some green ground doesn’t really make it feel like grass, just that I’m walking on green dirt.

4 Likes

Yeah this makes a huge difference, I don’t see the point of having an ultra graphics setting if it doesn’t really change anything like this, I’d still love to see advanced graphics settings like adding better textures, grass, plants and shit for those of us on PC that could handle the extras rather than no option for it, I understand having lower graphics for Quest but why force it on PC when they can handle it

5 Likes

So many people have given up on this game.

I would rebuy the original orbus. Orbus Vanilla.

3 Likes