There’s a new small patch going out today with a few fixes/QoL changes. In particular:
- When creating a new character, the Discipline selection is now the first choice that you make.
- When creating a new character, you will see a weapon representation appear next to the avatar to indicate what discipline you have currently selected, to hopefully make it more clear what’s going on.
- For the character creation/update options, the pointer should now respond better to selecting the options.
- When you accomplish a new step in a Mission (e.g. achieve Bronze, Silver, etc.) you will now get a notice letting you know that.
- There is a new step in the new player tutorial which highlights the rest of the locomotion options.
- There is a new Locomotion option which allows you to adjust the turn speed of the Smooth Turn option.
- When starting up the voice chat system, sometimes a DLL file may not load correctly causing your mic not to be captured properly. If this happens you will now see an error when you first login so you know what is going on and that voice chat won’t work until you relaunch. If you are seeing this error repeatedly, please let us know.
- The global PvP damage modifier has been reduced. Our goal here is to start getting away from “one shotting” being the meta in PvP, but still not go back to the old days of “it takes forever to kill someone.” So please let us know how this new adjustment feels. Further class-specific balancing changes will follow once we get this number dialed in.
- The Player Compass no longer has sticky gripping enabled.
The patch will go out on the client and server in approximately 30 minutes. Thank you!