Reborn Patch 10.903

Riley, I just did a bunch of testing, it looks a lot like getting rank 5 is impossible right now.

In other news, if you start a dragon race as a musketeer, the lifewell ring is in the center of your vision the whole time.

2 Likes

Along with any stuff in your tool slots if you move them up or forward from base

Okay I’ll look into it!

Okay so for now I just reverted the change I made that was supposed to make it easier, since something about it must be broken. I want to consider doing something with the whole shot ranking thing anyway in regards to how I want damage to be tied up in that mechanic since that’s a good chunk of the skill ceiling of the class, but at the same time it’s really punishing when you are solo fighting up close monsters right now.

Anywho, give that a try in the Player House or a fresh dungeon instance and it should be like it was before in terms of how far away you have to be to get Rank 5 now. It will roll out to overworld zones in the next 8 hours or so.

2 Likes

Thanks Riley, I confirmed that rank 5 is working in the player house.

Edit: And it’s working in the overworld already.

2 Likes

I did hit V on bosses shortly after the patch (example raid boss, from further away), only saw it being harder/more rare. In the video you curve with your hand in front of your body, I do it differently, curving with the ‘off-hand’ i think it is called in tabletennis(?), doing a wide swing starting at the back with my arm away from my body, at the outer side, like in tennis or if you wanna throw a ball to catch for your dog.

It is likely good to revert this to make Vs more possible. Yet the problem I got with the 10% nerf and the idea to make up for it by curving is that high curves are never practicable from close up, like on trash in Broken Halls or Sewers. Nor is it possible to buff every trash mob, then unfold dmg on it, there’s not time for that, the rest of a group will be long done with them.
And I don’t think curve mechanics can change that, we would need much more space, not only to the back (like rangers do), but also to the sides like in airship and even there scoundrels are superweak now, looking at overall numbers.
Some bossfights like airship, broken hall, 1 sewer boss, are really short. We fail to level up shards not because of bosses, but because of trash not going down, which takes up to 80-90% of the overall time; so the scoundrel, as weak as it is now, is no good option to play except as for bossfights.

Okay so my testing + video + saying it is impossible to get rank V now was not sufficient and ppl just start talking about me missing (ignoring the whole fact that I severely overreact in the curve) but someone saying they just tested it is sufficient…

@Metris_Marshmallow Believe me, this was way more of a curve then I normally do to get a rank 5 easily. And I was doing it like a giant throwing motion where my gun is basically behind my back and my gun is not in front of my body at all. And not shown in the video but I tested this on a mob before at the MAX range and insane curve but that is unfilmable because you can’t see the rank in the video from that far away.

1 Like

I don’t see you missing, this is just a test anyways and on a small dummy too, but the curve can not be as hard as doing it with the other side-around swing I think. It was almost a circle needed right after the patch to get a V in, at all, I saw IVs too suddenly, most of the time and I fully agree that does not make sense, specially not in the normal dungeon environment. (And this does not matches the patch notes either that you don’t need to curve that steep it was supposed to be easier, so… overall very confusing)

PS: About not seeing ranks that is a real issue, they are tiny, way too short up and I can’t really tell on smaller mobs, just on some bosses.

You mean like ranger? :thinking:

3 Likes

Scott I’m sure your video was valuable - we already got a fast response time, maybe Riley was just busy when you posted it.

1 Like

Here in about an hour we’ll be putting out a small patch on PC and server to fix the bug with the public event progress bars (and also other weird stuff that was causing to happen near events). It will require a server restart as well as a client side patch. I’ll update the thread when the patch is available. Server countdown is beginning now.

1 Like

Patches should now be available to download on Oculus and Steam. We’ve also released the patch on Quest which also adds the Raid button to Quest as well.

Okay everything should be live. Thanks!

ah the old TV smasher technique :rofl:

[quote]
It is likely good to revert this to make Vs more possible. Yet the problem I got with the 10% nerf and the idea to make up for it by curving is that high curves are never practicable from close up, like on trash in [/quote]

This seems to be a misconception, it’s a 25% nerf, with 15% of it being make upable by curving rank 2-3 with a slight buff to the curve bonus that was added. The original patch notes are vague, but it’s essentially something like this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.