Recently upgraded from rift to index(devs please)

Hi i was wondering if it was possible to get a steam key instead of my oculus store version because i upgraded to index recently and playing via revive can be spotty at best ive been a member since the game started(quit for a bit till reborn was ready and patched a few times) anyway it would really improve my experience if i could get a steam key i know some companys do this for people who ask i was able to get one for my elite dangerous…

Either way thank you for your time,

Slandaro

1 Like

you’ll probably have to buy it again, or use revive. afaik no one else has gotten a key because they already owned it on another platform.

false, if you have it installed and set up correctly it is a very solid comparability layer that shouldn’t really cause any issues and amt is actually better for orbus than the steam version on index because of the controller rotation(tho that is getting fixed with the next update).

isnt false when i first got index revive was half broken for about 1/3 of my games… The authentication error that oculus puts in to try and stop people from using revive(which doesnt make any sense to me) since then its been fixed and now im able to play but what happens if it breaks again… what happens if the guy who made it decides he doesnt want to update it anymore ect… since i own my account(the login is really your account) theres no harm in letting me play it via steam so that i dont have to worry about the things i mentioned… again i understand if they wont allow it(its been hit or miss on this) some companys have no issue if you just ask others dont like it. Oh on a side note my god orbus is amazing now after being gone so long coming back recently the work thats been put in i just cant get over it stunning i loved the game when it first came out now its just so much more kudos to the team for their hard work.

Slandaro

Slandaro

I wasn’t aware of this, but it’s fixed now so it does work well atm.

Then a fix is probably going to be pushed out pretty quickly.

Then you can use the last version he published until that breaks(which would most likely take a while or not happen) and by then someone else will probably have take over and pushed fixes, it is an open source project after all.

The devs posted an official view on cross-buy keys a while back. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.