Reincarnation working as intended?

It seems the reincarnation rate on mobs in the dungeons are about 60-70%. We have had the same mob reincarnate 5 times in a row and also have had full groups reincarnated 2-3 times in a row. Is this intended? It seems like there should be a law of diminishing returns after they reincarnate once. We have also had aberrations reincarnate, which is very unfortunate time suck. Just curious if this was intended as well.

2 Likes

Yeah i don’t think the same mob is supposed to reincarnate more the once, also the elites should have less chance to reincarnate at least, since it takes much more time to kill than a normal mob.

Right now it’s just a straight 20% chance on death. I can work on making it a more complicated mechanic so that it can’t reincarnate again and whatnot.

Wow, I’m surprised it is only 20%. RNG must really not like me. That is a 1/3125 chance to have it reincarnate 5 times in row.

1 Like

You should consider playing poker johann

Did it reawaken 5 times or did you have to kill it 5 times. If it only reawakened 4 times and if you average 40 mobs per dungeon then it should happen once every 15 runs or so. reawakening 5 time would be about 1 every 70.

Surprisingly enough I was a professional poker player for 3 years a few years back.

2 Likes

It reincarnated 5 times, we had to kill it 6 times. We’ve had 2 mobs do the 4 time reincarnation. Yeah calculating an avg of 40 mobs per dungeon, it would happen once every 78.125 runs.

@Riley_D if you’re taking another look at reincarnated could you consider shutting it off for desert elites/aberrations. The aberrations are already way over tuned. When they reincarnated you often lose several times the amount of time that a normal mob would cost you.

6 Likes

That would be nice. It would balance the RNG a bit.

1 Like

Yeah stopping it for elites and abbs would also work. Another good way to balance the RNG a bit.

1 Like

20% is too high if it affects elites and even certain aberrations that deal poison damage. Those enemies would just repeatedly wipe a group with their overpowered undodgable poison attack.since they just respawn after dying the first time.

If the timer is already balanced for dungeons (and its not), then this RNG on respawns only exacerbates the issue. This mechanic is just poorly implemented in my opinion.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.