Returning player who is now experiencing issues logging in via Steam

Hi all,

I purchased and played prior to early access and things were fine. Sometime later it went early access so I activated the steam key which was provided.

Fast forward to today and after launching through steam and attempting to log in I get the following “error: this orbus account already has an associated store account”.

When I navigate to this game via the Oculus store it’s still showing as something I would need to purchase.

I then went back to my Orbus account and see if I still had an Oculus Store key that I could activate, but there’s nothing there, only the key for Steam which they provided me with earlier.

Looking for some help in resolving this. Thanks!

Did you change which Steam account you are on when attempting to login? It’s basically telling you that the OrbusVR account you are logging into, already has a different Steam account associated with it…

If you want I can unlink the existing Steam account from your OrbusVR account and you can login again, just want to make sure that you don’t own it on two Steam accounts and are using the wrong one or something by mistake.

Not at all. I’ve only ever had one Steam account. My username is cdrz and it’s been that way for roughly 13 years. You’ll see I have the badge to prove it :).

I’d like to try unlinking, as you suggested, but don’t see an option to do so.

Can you point me in the right drection?

I don’t think you can unlink it yourself, you will have to wait for Riley to do it manually :slight_smile:

I unlinked it for you, so try logging in now, it should work.

Riley, thanks for your prompt response.

I’ve since tried logging in again but am still facing the same error.

Here are the steps I’ve taken:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Orbus via Steam
  2. I’ve confirmed I can sign into OrbusVR.com - no issue there so I know the password is still fine.
  3. I then put on my Oculus headset, navigate to Steam, and launch the game. It prompts me to log in, for which I use my email address and same password I used to log into OrbusVR.com, but still get the same error: “error: this orbus account already has an associated store account”.

What am I missing or what other information would you need from me to assist in troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Scott

PM me the email you are using to login and I’ll take a look again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.