Right path mage needs a buff

yeah maybe in a sewer 2

Or a Temple 15 or a Cove 15 or literally anything where mechanics have to be done correctly or you get a party wipe.

2 Likes

you ain’t gonna sub 30 a 15 if you aren’t running dps talents :grimacing:

anyway even if people like to play strange, non-meta builds, that doesn’t change the fact that there are lots of talents for mage and other classes that are essentially useless in very endgame stuff.

In this very thread we have one of the most recognizable members of the community admitting to using off meta talents. Are you saying Mishka has never finished a 15 within the time limit?

1 Like

nah thats not what im saying. I’m saying a longer fight gives more opportunity to mess up and wipe. there’s nothing wrong with playing off meta except for the fact, it simply makes things harder. ig to make my last post a bit more clear, if all 3 dps run off meta talents, it’s gonna be very hard to sub 30 depending on party comp.

Can confirm, Mishka has never completed a shard.

6 Likes

bruh I was in the middle of reading that cmon

Agree there are some talents that need to be reworked/ buffed on right path mage.

Ideally, there ought to be no such thing as left or right path. Just “adjustments” if you will to playstyle which in the end ought to conclude in the overall same result.

After a couple of decades playing various mmorpgs i know this is easier said than done of course. Still, this ought to be the goal in my opinion.

are you a quest player by chance?

1 Like

Or you can Kill them Before mechanics with dps. DPS> Mechanics in almost EVERY case.

1 Like

so we got two situations.

1: good mechanics but a bunch of players using non meta builds. that means a longer fight which means more chances for a screw up which means more chances for a party wipe.

2: we got players who can do mechanics just as well and use meta but its a way way shorter fight which obviously means less chance for a screw up.

which would you want?

1 Like

I don’t exactly understand what your trying to say, in 1 you say longer fights and more chance to screw up with makes sense but you also add bad players and on 2 you say shorter fights which is a less chance to mess up. then you say you need to pick one but how can you pick one? One has bad players and you can’t just delete bad players so they will both always exist right??? I feel like I’m missing something

1 Like

ur right lemme edit it. my brain mixed up what this thread was about.

1 Like

To have fun. That’s it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah that wasn’t an option but having fun is totally okay. my version of having fun is playing meta builds and killing it quick and doing it successfully but that isnt why I posted that. I posted it because yeet said dps isn’t the only thing that matters and brought up mechanics.

I think the point Katusi was making is if you kill it fast enough you dont have to do mechanics. This is true for many bosses in the game you can outdps without having to do any mechanics.

Your elitism is too much for me and is distracting from the thread. Not min/maxing your dps and not being 100k is fine for most content unless you’re being super elitist about how you run content. I’ve had many 15’s done well within time with off meta as well as with level 20’s in the shard. The fact that you think having a 3 minute fight vs a 1 minute fight means you’re going to break a shard is proving the point that being good at mechanics is the issue.

In my experience people who only care about min/maxing are def less good at mechanics because they tend to spend time looking at dps parses rather than actually playing.

Stop gate keeping how others play the game please.

9 Likes

what I got from what you just said was im bad at mechanics, gutsash is, brettman is, katsui is, charmaster is, foxy is, the list goes on and on. I’m not gate keeping anything. you don’t run with me and I dont run with you. if someone doesn’t do content with other people because I said I’d rather a faster fight, keyword rather, then that’s their own problem. I’m sure katsui and brettman can tell you about the several raids and dungeons we did trying to make an overheal warrior build. I also never said that a 3 min fight vs a 1 min fight would 100% break it. again, i said that in response to yeet saying that dps isn’t everything and mechanics were up there too. longer fight, more chances to screw up mechanics.

youre right though, there is a very large population of people i have excluded from all content and made them uninstall the game because they weren’t playing rotation fire. (that was sarcasm in case you couldn’t tell).

I’m glad you’ve missed the point again. In general, this is why I refrain from responding to you because you miss it so often. I’ve run with all of that list of people and think they are all great players, even you. To clarify, I don’t think caring about DPS makes anyone a bad player. I said general statements and definitely did not call out individuals.

I think going onto the forums and changing the conversation to exactly a certain style of play is not great. Your first post on this thread, was about… shaman? Which is something you have recently bashed on the forums. In response to yeetlord, you said DPS starts to matter after a Sewer 2? and then the main contribution you’ve had since was stating how shards will not be complete if you’re not running DPS talents. No idea what your comment is about an overheal warrior, but I have that talent and have since I started playing (and yes I do warrior bosses). I also run all heal side pally talents as well. So sue me? You can’t judge any one talent from 1 interaction with a person.

If people want to have a conversation about off-meta for mage, let them without interjecting how doing so is going to make them incomplete content. It is not rocket science that more DPS is better. More DPS is also not the only thing in this game. And honestly with gear/ weapons/ skill better. Shards are easier, so why not do more exploration into off-meta?

I’ve had my own hand now in distracting this thread. I’m sorry for that.

#bufftrueaffliction

6 Likes

Let Fire/Frost Dots stack up to 3 times <3 I haven’t done the math but it’s a start :smiley:

Maybe Scott or somebody with more math in their head than me can find something that balances it but that’s just my starting point!

4 Likes