Runemage Triplicity Talent Rework

Personally I would just prefer a straight nerf rather than diminishing returns. It would feel more like the spell was too powerful so they toned it down rather than punishing hard work. Just my thoughts though.

A straight nerf wouldn’t solve the issue they want to solve though… They want to solve the absolutely massive gap between the top 4 mages and everyone else

2 Likes

this thread accomplishes nothing but an outlet for anger at not being as exponentially powerful as before, this is the smallest change that has ever been made to modify a class. it is their intent, it is going to do exactly what ORBUS wants. and theyre tip toeing alot more than they would with any other class

Quite disappointed about this change. Sounds like you have no intention of fixing every other class so you nerf the only class you got right to be honest.

The wrong focus. give other classes a proper skill outlet so that people want to play the game again.

Please note; the obvious downtrend in DAU might spike because of your shard release… NOT because of this change. Don’t get it confused devs.

The correct way to measure yourselves:

1. for the mage nerf: balance of end game players playing ranger, runemage, scoundrel vs drop off from runemage activity in end game players.

2. for the shard dungeons: number of active players coming back to the game and playing end-game dungeons.

neither of these measurements should include total populus but instead be used to assess how much of your end game crowd make up your total active populus.

2 Likes

yes its definitely the fact that 1% of players can no longer even begin to strive for the damage top tier mages are doing(after 1000 hours of practice) is why noone plays orbus anymore, its definitely not lack of content, or repetitiveness

1 Like

3 Likes

Look Robert. No offense, but if you wanna run a game you better take down this post and call it a prank. THIS IS SO STUPID. These mages work for HOURS and HOURS, just to hit 20 triplicitys and this is like a punch in the gut. If they want damage then they need to work for it. I mean do you know what’s going to happen to your player count? So many mages (including myself) are really angry. This is no way to treat players. Instead of making mages damage so much lower, you should make something new. Maybe actually add back some of the stuff from preborn that people have quit over. And I was told that it is hard for your artists and I get that but with hard work comes great reward. On top of that this isn’t a “talent rework”. This is complete crap. My point is, this is not helping the community. This is a punishment to players that work hard. What does this teach new players?

1 Like

so this kind of thinking is absolutely ridiculous. I really dont get what you guys are bitching about. this is probably the ONLY MMO out there where there isnt a hard cap on EVERY class.

Content becomes almost impossible to balance for the devs when you have a big gap between players. Also it isnt like noone else spends ‘HOURS AND HOURS’ just to max out their dps. Other classes, however, all have hard caps (unlike mages). You are bitching that mages are being brought in-line with the rest of the classes only because you all like being over powered. You claim ‘oh, well we should just make ALL OF THE CLASSES JUST AS BROKEN’, but that is absurd. The developers are never going to purposely break the balance of 7 classes instead of putting the 8th class into balance.

2 Likes

what makes the most sense is this:
Step 1: give every class a hard cap so that future balance is possible
Step 2: adjust hard caps so that people feel rewarded for improvement and so that the balance of the classes (dps and utility) are where you want them
Step 3: adjust the skill floor for all the classes so that people who are new to the game are at least capable of clearing some content
Step 4: profit!

They are just now working on step 1 and people are whining. this is stupid.

1 Like

Hey buddy obviously you’re new around here. My names Akh nice to meet you. I just happened to have all 4 classes leveled to cap in preborn by GRINDING IN THE DESERT. It wasn’t easy and that’s why this is making lots of people angry :man_shrugging:t2: I know you’ve been around for a while and I hate to sound so rude but like this is tons of peoples hard work flushed down the toilet

Yup, because Robert is definitly the lead developer who controls every decisions the team makes
The phrase u were looking for was “thanks Riley”
Although I actually agree with the change

In the end I hope the dev team stays strong through this, because no matter what they did/do there will be extremely strong backlash and what the complaints come down to are 4-5 people threatening to rage quit the game for what may only be a 5% nerf to a single talent. We have no numbers, so now I get to say what everyone else said when ranger was nerfed into the ground and I complained “wait till you see the actual numbers”

3 Likes

Idk anything about what dev does what, but I said Robert because he posted the thread. Feel bad for the guy.

Why I am like this is all I have heard is that the 15 of casts of your hard work will do almost nothing (like smacking a boss with no energy in your paladin hammer) I hope they are wrong but that’s all I’ve heard. If they gave us numbers it wouldn’t be like this

I’d hate to be rude, but you are wrong… This is likely 4 people’s effort being slightly rinsed off. This isn’t a large nerf to all mages, it is a slight nerf to the top few. I’m assuming it probably wont affect you at all

Idc if you have heard of me or not. I cast around 11 fireball 2s during triplicity. This affects the majority of level 30 mages that know how to cast.

Only if by ‘knows how to cast’ you are excluding everyone but the top 1%,sure

x It is more than just 4 players. This change has a global effect.

U didn’t actually read what the change does, did u?
After 5 spells the extra spells will start doing less damage which means 2 things

1. The main original spell during triplicate will do the exact same damage as it would regularly before this change, with only the 2 additional triplicity spells doing less

2. After 5 spells the spells still do damage. It’s diminishing returns, meaning that after every spell past 5 will only do x% less damage, with x being anything between 1% and 10%. This change does not effect fast casting outside of triplicity, like how it was in the old game

Edit: also isn’t going onto a alt forum account to try and back yourself up and make a point against the forum rules?

Alt account that is a very serious accusation can you back that up please

Bruh it isn’t an alt, if you have proof feel free to tell me. I guess I did read wrong because what I read was after the 5th it’s damage is lowered a lot for everyone