Servers need a restart

Since jake left the dev team, the servers haven’t been restarted and that is causing increasing lag issues. During raids that is obviously not the only reason for a wipe, the other reason being just a skill issue, but it would be very helpful for the servers to be restarted weekly again considering the majority of wipes are caused by desyncs of lag.

6 Likes

servers so bad i looked up at an orb and felt the worst imaginable sharp instant neck pain possible. PLEASE PATCH

1 Like

Not restarting servers has caused endless bugs that make clearing content sometimes impossible.

The lag and packet loss is so bad. I went to forsaken and mobs would disappear from standing right in front of me before I hit them with anything. Movement is also a bit funky.

We have a restart scheduled for Friday, and we unfortunately wont be able to move this one forward this week. We had planned to move to an every other week schedule for the resets, but I will speak with Riley based off these reports.

6 Likes

Did…did you say Riley? IS HE BACK??

4 Likes

Distant rumbling as the cosmos shift

…maybe he never left

2 Likes

back as in out of basement?

Not gonna lie, I kinda forgot he was in there. I should probably check on him and make sure he doesn’t need food or anyth-
OH BY HELGA HE’S GONE

5 Likes

Also, don’t you leave me on read like Helga, is Riley back??

4 Likes

He has always been part of the team, although in the past few years with Kyle then Jake he had taken an advisor role and been around for emergency fixes. He’s now handling the server restarts and such. So yes… he escaped LOL

7 Likes

bro who is kyle

1 Like

Kyle was another programmer working on Orbus. He played the game around 2017 as a player and joined the dev team in 2018. He seemed to become inactive/left around 2021ish. You can find his profile on these forums :wink:

he become inactive cos @Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshka kidnapped him

2 Likes

Maybe weekly server reset to occur right before the weekly content reset? There are usually quite a few raids that run in the days after the weekly reset

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.