Shard gear in reborn

No one has really talked about this on the forum, but from talking to people ingame it seems no one likes how the shard gear currently works.
As it is now, T1s give the same gear lvl as a T3, same for T4-6, and T7-9. Why is this? Tier 9s are much more difficult than 7s, so why would u ever want to do them. If you are in a group that knows they can’t do a 10 there is no incentive to level the shard past 7, becaue in the end it’s the same gear as a 8 or 9
I honestly can’t see any pros to this way of doing the gear, so can anyone shed light on why it is this way?

2 Likes

Well you gave an example for ppl that don’t want to shoot for the higher shards (because they think they can’t). So I guess for ppl who do want to go further then 7-9 are getting full 7-9 gear easier to qualify for doing T10 shards.

So I guess this was made to make it easier/faster to reach T10 shards then in the previous game.

And that I also like to disagree with… I want content that takes more time to progress through, not less time…

2 Likes

it’s probably also due to the +1/+2/etc system, to keep with whole numbers instead of giving 30+2.33 or 30+3 2/3. right now they’re half a level per +1, but this could easily be changed to be 0.2 levels and be +1 for shard 1, +2 for shard 2, +3 for shard 3 and so on. this would all in all be better I think, make more sense and give a better incentive to do higher shards even if you know you’re not going to be able to do a 10.

The general idea is that it coincides with the increase in difficulty from the addition of mutations. E.g. to get +2 gear you have to get over the hump from the Major Mutation at Level 3, to get +3 you have to get over the hump at Level 6, and to get +4 you have to conquer Level 10 with the brutal mutation. I guess it is a trade-off in that you could argue it gives less incentive to do Level 9 if you don’t think you can do Level 10, but at the same time you can make the point it more highly rewards people who are able to do 10’s because their gear is more of an improvement over someone who can’t do those mechanics.

It might have made more sense to line it up exactly on the +2/+3 part but that’s just how it worked out.

The tough parts of shards Hs never been just completing them, tho. The difficult part was beating them on time. With enough time and will power any shard can be completed on any lvl by any group. With the way it’s set up now, you could never beat a T6+ shard on time, and still end up with the second best gear in the game. This cycle would just look like Complete t6 not on time, do t4 on time, do t5 on time, repeat and bam after a few weeks u are only a little behind in gear to the best geared people in the game

In the previous game if you only ever did a T6, and not on time (because the new mutation was too hard for your group, I guess), you would have gotten 20.6 gear. Level 10 gave 21 gear.

I guess it’s technically true that in the old game, there were 3 additional “stages” between you and Level 10 (20.7, 20.8, etc.). But the actual relative difference was only 0.4 levels.

As has already been noted each +1 is worth 0.5 levels. Therefore, failing on a T6 in the new game would give you +2 Gear, which is 1.0 whole levels worse than +4 Gear (I assume when you said “best in the game” you meant “best in shards”, and I’m leaving aside the +5 Gear you get from Hard Mode Raids).

So actually if that is your strategy, you are significantly worse off doing that in Reborn than you were in the old game. Even if you can do the Level 7 shard and get +3 gear, you are still 0.5 levels worse off than the Level 10 shard gear.

So if the concern is that this somehow makes it easier for groups that can’t conquer the harder content to be closer in power to the people doing the max-level stuff, that’s simply not the case.

Mis wrote what I meant a bit, was think of doubling a 5 to skip 6 and go straight to a seven and beating it without making the timer, getting the +3

And as I said, even if you do that, in the old game you would have been 0.3 Levels worse than max-shard gear. In Reborn you are 0.5 levels worse.

Honestly, if anything this makes it worse for players who can’t do Level 10, because at least before they could reach Level 8 or 9 and close the gap a bit to only a little bit worse than 10 gear.

This is just a stair-step pattern instead of a smooth ramp. It makes getting to that next step worth a lot more (including Level 10). There are pros and cons to it, for sure. But people doing lower-level shards closing the gap with Level 10 shard gear is not one of them.

I kinda like it… I just wish we could continue past 10… Also please fix Broken halls last boss… I mean I know that might invalidate the name of the dungeon… But the last boss needs some cheeky tweaks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.