Simpler runemage

The only solution for this is making some lower level spells easier to cast. Now fireball 2 is a no brainer thanks to its difficulty against fireball 1 and same goes with frostbolts.

Let lower skilled playes be able to cast level 1 spells more easier (maybe changing level 1 frost and fire spells) so they end up with better dps then trying to go for the level 2/3 spam with “misspelling”… :slight_smile:

Hard working players will be rewarded with better dps as it is with other classes like if your trying to be an ok scoundrel or a pro scoundrel or ranger, etc…

I think we have to think smart and be able to figure out a way to “fix” this issue with the lowest amounth of work possible and this idea is not that bad and maybe just few spells will get affected…

Also an insight runemage explenation and tips video from developers would be able to impress some newcommers :wink:

I think a better solution is to leave mage alone since it works as intended, and those who want to become proficient in the class put in the time and effort that the class was designed to be about.

This is the most unique part of the game, and was designed as a difficult class to learn. In Preborn, you had to finish a quest line to get your first wand. In Reborn, it warns you that the class is advanced.

This is not supposed to be easy. This is not supposed to be a class you get good at in one day, one week, even one month.

This is the “I want to dedicate my time in this game to learning this specific spell” class. Making it easy cheapens the entire class.

1 Like

See changing a class this far from its release makes it more difficult. As people who played it for months/years have muscle memory. As new players who are trying it then a completely new rework happens, they have to start clean again (adding to the complexity of learning the game)

Changing how mechanics work is different than changing numbers like damage. As mechanics have to be re-learnt if changed.

If the casting system works how I think it works this will not work. If you change one of the spells then the detection for all the spells is going to change slightly. This would be pretty bad for all the old players that have thousands of hours of muscle memory that they would have to unlearn rather than the new players just getting good like everyone else

There is no problem to solve here. I understand that the class is hard. It is meant to be that way. I understand people’s frustrations with the difficulty, but what I can’t understand is the mentality that the game should become easier for the player rather than the player just getting better at the game.

1 Like

You guys didnt get me right i guess… because if there are level 2 spells easier to cast then level 1 then we have a problem no matter what…

I was mostly talking about making level 1 apells easier to cast (insted of huge |/| to cast frost 1 we can have just something like |\ ) so people will start using them more and stop this complaining about hard class being hard…

Changin a few spells like fireball 1 and frostbolt 1 is not that huge specially since ive never seen a pro spamming level 1 frost or fire… all other spells can stay how they are but finally some low level spells will at least be used again…

We all know runemage is the hardest and hopefully will forever be.

1 Like

Yes and it will still be the hardest class.

I dont get you guys… your not using level 1 fire or frost… so why are you all so against making those spells bit easier since level 2 are much easier now to spam?

So you would rather have a useless spells? Woulndt be better to see “regular” mages casting succesfully level 1 spells while you who put so much time into it will still be better in terms of row dps then level 1 spammers?

1 Like

You don’t see people spam fire 1 because it’s not worth spamming. Since the game was released mages have been trying to find the most efficient way to kill things. That’s lead us to where we are: spamming fire 2. It used to be fire 2, Frost 2, Affliction 2, arcane explosion. With true Affliction being nerfed, we adjusted.

Several mages CAN spam fire 1 in one stroke. We just don’t because it’s not worth the time or practice.

You mean like fireworks, push back 2, fire 3, light? Yes.

Ok but still spamming level 2 is easier then level 1 fireball so why should anyone even take care about fire 1? Its just useless spell now…

It’s easier to spam because we spent time learning the nuances of Fire 2 and how to spam it instead of fire 1

I dont understand you guys…

So you will rather have useless spells forever?..

Fireball 1 is just useless and level 2 is better ok then…

So if a scoundrel is a noob and cant curve enough his dps will go down right?

So why you dont want noob mages casting easy level 1 spells?
Pro mages will still have better dps and it wont change anything for pros but will help noob players to be able to play like a bad scoundrel with slightly easier lvl 1 spells

Besides that it’s not useless. It travels farther and quicker than fire 2, and is useful for pulling and splitting groups.

2 Likes

Man no way… i started playing one day and i could spam easily level 2 balls easy… level 1 is just much less forgiving for sure

Ok thats a new thing for me. at least i know a reason to cast them now :+1:

I don’t have much to add to this, other than that Squiddie in old Orbus basically required mages to use (with a quick cast rate) fireball 1 to deal with the far away adds. It was one of reasons archers were generally preferred for that fight. In new Orbus, the closest thing I can think of is maybe new Mistkeeper’s orbs might benefit from faster traveling spells.

So these spells do come up in occasions where they could be mechanically useful.

Nah, you need affliction for the orbs. No one uses the talent that grants fire/frost DoTs anymore.

I also purposely not choose the first talent since I don’t find either useful and the electricity on my left hand kept being annoying more than anything.

1 Like

I would just have issues where I’d draw the rune and it wouldn’t even spark or what ever it’s called. Once that happened multiple times in the middle of combat and I would die I ended up switching to Musketeer. Of course I still have issues where I use an orb on an enemy and it doesn’t do anything but it doesn’t hurt nearly as bad as the runemage.

You seem to not understand what I was saying before. If you change the spells then the shortcuts that have been made for all the existing spells will have to be remade and relearnt. This is because the system that detects what spell you are doing will now be looking for something different than it looked for before. The differences and similarities will be different and that will cause the spells to not work since the way that we have been doing them for so long could potentially be made obsolete. A change to the level one spells that most people ignore starting off anyways does not only effect low level players. It effects all the people who have actually put the time and effort in despite the difficulty.

1 Like

just pratice it is a bit hard since u are drawing a 2d image in 3d space but pratice makes perfect. a bit more forgiveness would be nice tho