Sniper scars seem undodgable

I have a quest to go in a cave and kill monsters in the flooded rainforest. Is the intention that only groups of players can get in that cave or solo players with self heals?

I cannot quite solo the sniper scar standing at the entrance of the cave (level 20 runemage) as they fire spells which bend and hit you regardless of where you move apparently.

What was the intention here?

I ran into this too. When I gave up, I knew they curved to hit you, but I figured I just had bad timing, or was lagging, or wasn’t teleporting to the right spot. I’d like to know what you’re supposed to do against this as well.

i just cast as fast as i can and i can kill them… but i dont expect a newer player to be able to do it honestly…

I was worried about this since they announced level-scaled damage and I hope it won’t be the same with all the upcoming high-level missions.

It might just be that those are over-tuned in terms of how much damage they do. In theory it might be possible to dodge the missile but since it tracks it would be pretty difficult, so you it should be tuned such that it’s a tough but doable fight even if you get hit most of the time. I will turn down their damage a bit this morning.

I experienced this in the last beta… These things followed you everywhere, and even turned around to hit you. Wasn’t the point of these to give people the ability to dodge projectiles? Why do we have mobs that will always hit?

That said, maybe there’s been some tuning done or I’m just crazy in my recollection because the ones in the airship dungeon were fine and perfectly dodgeable. Are they different enemies and thus not having the same problem?

The idea behind the Scav enemies is they have similar abilities as the player classes. The Mages can therefore direct and control their missiles just like player Runemages can…

I was definitely thinking of the wrong one. I was thinking about the pistolers… I’ll test it out when I get the chance later and see if the spells are dodgeable.

If you’re trying to make the mages as equivalent in skill to player mages, there definitely needs to be a small lag time between when the target teleports and when the spell moves, along with maximum travel time for each cast spell. I haven’t encountered these in the overworld in this beta yet, so I’m not sure if those have been implemented… But judging from the prior statement, it probably has not.

I mean, the dodge mechanic of the melee enemies (to dodge incoming mage spells) should be about equivalent in capability to people dodging their spells. If an enemy dodges, it’s a last moment split-second thing that almost always results in a miss - excepting only cases where the dodge happens to spin in a lucky way or if the mage is top-tier and has some impressive control…

1 Like

The pistolers can be dodged. They just have really fast projectiles. Some sort of muzzle flash on the animation before the shot would help a lot.

The snipers can also be dodged, just have to dodge twice and the projectile despawns before a third pass

1 Like

I just tried that and sure enough, I can just teleport twice in rapid succession, and the projectile stops tracking me.