Specific Feedback Request: Performance

7700k, GTX 1080(388.31), HTC VIVE
SS at 1.0

Out in the Greater Lamavora Frontier farming elites. High causes some stuttering out here.

Yeah I think the grass in the Lamavora areas is a little overdone, haha.

1 Like

as we traveled the grass would keep disappearing/reappearing almost flickering

Yeah, I was at 3.0. I bumped it down to 2.0 and ultra is playable but it markedly smoother at low than any other setting. I will drop it down to 1.0 and test it but my eyes prefer high SS with lower detail.

The only difference between Low and Medium is that Medium has shadows turned on…once you start getting into Standard, High, etc. there are higher resolution textures but also MSAA…but yeah it’s totally your preference, whether you want to run it on a lower setting and use SS or not. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn’t something unexpected going on. :slight_smile:

Intel I7-7700k, GTX 980ti, HTC Vive. No problems on high and some stuttering on ultra.

1 Like

i5-6600K @ 4.2ghz
1080Ti
Vive
in game graphics - Ultra

SS1.5
Steady 90 FPS

SS1.7
drops to 85 FPS

1 Like

Intel 8600k, 1080ti, htc vive

Ultra ran fine

1 Like

Intel I7 6700k, 1080ti, HTC Vive
SS 1.0 Ultra < 4% reprojection while in group
SS 1.0 High <1% reprojection while in group
No issues with either of the above.

R9 390 8GB. 32 gig system memory.

Overall the new look is great, but Ive been having a lot of issues on medium.

The crafting tables have the right items when I first log in and they look ok but very quickly they become super washed out to the point it’s hard to tell what they are. Also if I change the inventory on the crafting stations the models began overlapping between the old one and the new one and you can sorta pick up either.

Been having some flicking z-fighting here and there, particularly on 3 models you pick up or interact with like the harvestables and fish.

The ground grass texture in some areas looks ok at a distance but looks like spaghetti up close.

Audio has taken a huge step back during this test. It seems extra bad with fellowship chat across zones, but it happens everywhere. There were times were some of the fellowship could hear someone speak, but not other people. There were times it was so bad I just had to yell “discord” over and over until the person managed to hear that we should communicate in discord chat.

I also tried switching to Low a few times as it would make the ground clutter disappear and it helped finding small harvestables, but the ground flora would pop in and out unpredictably.

Like it just naturally starts happening? Over time? Can you take a screenshot of what it looks like when it’s washed out?

I assume you also mean while crafting picking them up?

Do you notice if it’s mostly happening to you vs other people? Or is it happening to everyone equally? As in, can other people in the Fellowship hear what you are saying fine?

I didn’t touch anything that would have been specifically related to audio this test…do you have fewer/more members in the fellowship since last test? Just trying to think of anything that would be different. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps there’s just generally more overall CPU usage now with the new graphics, so people with slower computers might be having trouble keeping up with encoding/decoding the audio and rendering the new graphics at the same time…?

Regarding the washing out. The first pic is when I first log (or relog in). The second picture is about 30 seconds later. The last pic is a few minutes later after I switched some ingredients in the box around:

For the harvestables, it includes when they are sitting in the world prior to harvesting as well, but it’s relatively subtle and hard to show with screenshots.

For the audio, it seems to be kinda all over the place. I’ve seen cases where X person would say something, I’d respond, X person would say that I cut out right away but Y person would say they heard the whole thing. I’ve had it in proximity chat where someone would say something clear as day, I’d respond, and when they responded back it would be the choppy every-other-syllable thing. I haven’t noticed a pattern where some people cut out all the times and other people never do, but the sample size is kinda small admittedly.

Intel I7 6700K, 1080 TI Strix OC, Oculus Rift
Medium - High since i’m recording as well without problems.

Yeah same issue here

I noticed this too. Trippy.

The ultimate test…

Using old pc currently…

Core I7 3770, GeForce 660, rift. Ran on standard with no issues.

I7 5960x @ 4ghz titan x rift

Been playing on standard there’s a couple of hangs at certain places when loading in assets mainly when I walk next to the hunter in the first area and the same when exiting the town at the opposite end to him. Tried ultra just a while ago same problem still performs perfectly other than that apart from some strange artifacting (maybe pixels not refreshing as quick?) In the inventory menus and journals.

1 Like

I was thinking about this again this morning, are you having issues on Medium while you are recording? Or without doing any recording?

I’m pretty much always recording, and historically it’s been a non-issue, but I’ll give it a shot without and see if I have the same overbloom and artifacting build up.