Specific Feedback Request: Performance

Oh, I meant maybe the frame rate, I don’t think those things would be affected.

Yeah, my framerate has largely been pretty solid on medium.

Frame rate on this build:

Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon RX480 8GB

Graphics settings and FPS:

Ultra: 35-39 FPS + Occasional Frame drops
High: 45-55 FPS + No frame drops observed 89% GPU usage / 56% CPU usage
Medium: 60-75 FPS
Low (what I’ve been using): 89-90 FPS Solid

RAM Usage as observed: Approx 3GB

Hope it helps!

Some re-projection while it was raining in high-step on high settings. Went away when rain stopped.

• Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • GeForce GTX 1070

Always running on standard. Everything above standards starts to drop FPS enough that I notice. Even with standard I regulary get the asset-reloading SteamVR screem. I feel like the game really needs some more optimizing.

I am not using supersampling or OpenVR!

7700k 5ghz
High Setting
Getting some stutter outside highstep. The ghost and redtails as well as near the wolves. I think the stutter has only started in the last day or two. Wasn’t really there before I took thanksgiving break for a couple days.

Bringing out the inventory menu def makes it worse.

I have since had to lower my settings to Standard with my 1080

i7 6700 3.4 ghz
GTX 1080
32 GB DDR4

Same issues as Sour, anything above standard starts to get a bit laggy for me. Also noticed it started within the last patch.

Same here. Using Oculus. i7 6700 2.6 ghz, gtx 1080 16 gb ram

Nvidia has released new drivers for doomvr today. I will test them later and report back to this thread.

i5 [email protected], gtx 1070, 16gb ram

I get stutter on anything above standard, and even on standard, there are still dropped frames in solo play.

When starting the game holding alt, i set the window to the smallest size, but what do i choose for graphic setting? do those settings only effect the window or vr as well?

Those settings only affect the external view, the in-game graphics options affect the VR view.

correction, my 6600k is at 4.4. HTC Vive btw.

with that being said, i played for 10 minutes on standard settings, no SS. I re-projected 23% according to advanced vr settings. This was in the starting town and killling things with my wand around the sunflower portion next to the starting base.

Is this normal for my specs or do i have some investigating to do?

I think there is a bug right now I am working on fixing that is causing performance problems. I’ll let you know when you should test it again. Thanks!

CPU: FX-8370
GPU: R9 390 8GB
Headset: HTC Vive

Graphics got turned down to low within the first few minutes. It still feels like I’m below 90fps but I didn’t really put the FPS counter up to find out exactly where I am.

I know I’m on the low end of specs so I’m not expecting miracles.

I just put out the patch that rolled back the thing that I think was causing the new performance issues. So if you reported that you had new performance problems since the original start of this Beta period, can you try to new patch and see if that helps? Thanks!

i will try this patch tonight!

BUT, after reporting my performance last night i did acouple things.

updated drivers, ran cc cleaner, turned off GFE sharing overlay, set window graphics from standard to low, installed afterburner to overclock a little +50core/+100 memory, and cranked fans to 75% to help prevent some throttling.

After a long play session, hour and a half or so, i only had about 4% re-projected frames.

Alright. I have installed the new nvidia drivers. 388.43

With this recent patch you pushed the high setting is performing much better. There are a few places that still show a little stutter but for the most part its much improved.

And incase anyone else wonders it is normal for your hands or weapon to look like it is stuttering while you travel. If you find it annoying I find putting my hands out of sight while I travel helps.

Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz 2xSLI GTX980Ti Oculus Rift
Ran on Ultra with no problems

And incase anyone else wonders it is normal for your hands or weapon to look like it is stuttering while you travel. If you find it annoying I find putting my hands out of sight while I travel helps.

early on, i took this as re projection, but after checking stats, i realized it wasn’t. Is this, or the players using locomotion still teleporting, fixable?