Stuttering and Low Volume

Ever since the latest update, my graphics have been stuttering. When I try to walk around, I’ll go a few feet and then stop, go a little bit, stop again, go some more and maybe ten seconds, then stop, and go again. It’s really, really annoying and I am afraid to join anyone’s dungeon party if I can’t move smoothly. I don’t want to be that guy who keeps dying because I can’t get out of the way of fireballs.

I tried changing a bunch of the settings and nothing changed. I finally just did a factory reset on my Quest 2 and still nothing changed. I can’t play the game anymore.

And, for the last two updates, the volume seems to be insanely low. I have all sliders set to maximum, but I still can only barely hear most other players. I often have to go up and stand right next to them to have a chance of understanding what they are saying. And still, I only get about half of it. Yes, there are some players that seem to shout all the time and I can hear them quite clearly, but the majority of players talk at normal volume and I just can’t hear them. Again, this is a recipe for disaster in a dungeon, so I don’t go.

No other of my Quest 2 games has either of these problems. In some games I have to turn the volume down! Please fix these issues so I can play OrbusVR again.

Hi, sorry to hear that - hopefully we can find out what’s going on. When you say the latest update, do you mean the one that came out an hour ago, or the one before that?

The Summer Festival update. I was just on a few minutes ago, after the July 13 update and the volume seemed a little better. There were still a few people I couldn’t hear. But, I could hear most.

But, it seems unreasonable that I have to have the volume cranked to the max just to hear people. I’d expect that I should be able to put the volume at maybe 50% and then adjust up or down from there for my own comfort level.

Were you stuttering today when you got on, or was it mainly the volume issue?

That is very strange, and I haven’t heard of this issue before. We’ll have to investigate further, I will talk with the team.

Just to make sure, were all the volumes also maxed out in the game?

Yes, still stuttering today.

Voice volumes are maxed. Ambient is about 75% and BGM is zero – I don’t like the music you guys have selected.

We could arrange a time and place and I could run around for a bit so you can see it.

On the quest 2, what store did you purchase the game through? Was it the quest store, or are you playing through side load somehow or something like that? Also are you playing via stand alone or link?

I purchased it in the Oculus store on Black Friday. I began playing it in January and the motion has worked fine until this Summer Festival. I usually play stand alone, but after an hour I have to connect the Q2 to a battery to keep going.

I have sideloaded other games and I have finally connected to SteamVR and VIVE. But, those are not running or connected while I am playing OrbusVR.

Is there any difference in the stuttering or the volume issue in standalone vs plugged in?

No. A similar amount of stuttering happens in either battery or wired mode.

Interestingly, when I turn on the recording camera in the Oculus menu, the stuttering mostly goes away. It seems reduced by 75%.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.